3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who needs a hamster wheel (Read 974 times)

Treadmill terminator is right.  I think if Spaniel wants a new alias here, he's got one.

Yes, I got the 1750 about the same time.  Fortunately there hasn't been any "major" problems.  The only things that pop up are minor nuances.  I use the incline function quite a bit and I've add it drop to a zero decline on me just for no reason.  After a quick calibration of the incline, it goes away.  It's only done it twice now.  No broken pins, shorted out consoles, burnt up motors, etc.  I checked last night and there's a little more than 1300 miles on it.

FWIW, I know someone else who bought the 1500 a few months later than our purchases and he hasn't had any problems.  Glad to hear the lemon is getting replaced.  Let's hope this one will hold out.

Feeling the growl again

The good news is I can strip the old one for parts....as long as nothing big has changed with the one they are sending me, I will have plenty of spare parts.  Including 3 motors, which retail for $523 apiece.  Shocked

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

I went to look at a used Landice but it made concerning noises. So I ended up striking a pretty good deal on a new Lifespan with five year warranty.  we will see if I can terminate this one.

Thanks took WhoDat for helping lug it up the stairs...again.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

In case anyone is still looking for a treadmill, Woot has the Livestrong LS13.0T for $999. It's a decent inexpensive treadmill made by Johnson Fitness. I have an older version of the LS13.0T and C-R has a LS15.0T.

http://www.woot.com/offers/livestrong-treadmill-or-elliptical

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

I went to look at a used Landice but it made concerning noises. So I ended up striking a pretty good deal on a new Lifespan with five year warranty.  we will see if I can terminate this one.

Thanks took WhoDat for helping lug it up the stairs...again.

Busted it in 5 runs.  I'm beyond frustrated.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Holy crap. What happened?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WTF?????

Feeling the growl again

Holy crap. What happened?

3 miles @ 8.6mph....took up to 10mph for 1 mile...up to 10.1mph for 1 mile...back down to 10.0mph for 1 mile...wanted to go back to 10.1mph for the last tempo mile and it would not respond.  NOTHING would respond.  Had to pull the safety switch to stop it.  Now NOTHING works.  The console comes on and everything, but nothing responds.  Pulled the back and disconnected/reconnected all the wires to the console, nothing.  Let it sit an hour and tried again, nothing.

If you were Dopplebock, I could understand that.

But c'mon, man!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

If you were Dopplebock, I could understand that.

But c'mon, man!

IK, R?  Because if it was Dopplebock that would be like 120 miles on it.

lagwagon

dude, you gotta be kidding.  will they take it back?  maybe time for a new true or landice.  most of the time i wish my friggin treadmill would break.

C-R

Dooood.

You are never and I mean never allowed to use my treadmill. Just sayin.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Perhaps it's time to consider a nice layer of asphalt on the beer mile track.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Feeling the growl again

dude, you gotta be kidding.  will they take it back?  maybe time for a new true or landice.  most of the time i wish my friggin treadmill would break.

The PIA of it is I drove 2.5 hrs to look at a used Landice....which ended up having some concerning issues that made me not want it despite a good price...but it was at a store, and I ended up with this new one instead.  So any transaction to return it would still cost me a full tank of gas.

I'll call them tomorrow, we'll see.  Problem is we had some unexpected expenses this year and I just couldn't bring myself to spring for a new Landice right now.  I've got to bridge from now until April for that to happen.

Feeling the growl again

Perhaps it's time to consider a nice layer of asphalt on the beer mile track.

Need to set up a playground on the infield so I can watch the kids while I run in circles...