3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who needs a hamster wheel (Read 974 times)

Feeling the growl again

The treadmill did not feel right during my long run so I got off early to check out the deck.  Yup, cracked lengthwise down the middle half the length.

Looks like about 16 months of running time on this deck...probably the longest I've ever had one go.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

You should change your tag line to "I am spaniel. Crusher of treadmills."

Woodway

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Made me laugh

Woodway

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Feeling the growl again

Motion carried.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

"I am spaniel. Crusher of treadmills."

Swoon.

Ready, go.

Had the repair guy out this morning to look at the treadmill as the main drive motor has been getting more noisy and it won't go to max speed.  I'd like to think that how comfortable max speed feels on the mill means I'm in decent shape but I know better.  He found that the controller is asking for max voltage to the motor and is basicallly frying it out.  At least the motor is covered under warranty.

Feeling the growl again

Had the repair guy out this morning to look at the treadmill as the main drive motor has been getting more noisy and it won't go to max speed.  I'd like to think that how comfortable max speed feels on the mill means I'm in decent shape but I know better.  He found that the controller is asking for max voltage to the motor and is basicallly frying it out.  At least the motor is covered under warranty.

If the motor is ever NOT covered...I have THREE of them sitting around for that model.  Big grin

And we run because we like it
                  Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

How dangerous are treadmills?

It did not escape my attention that That David Goldberg executive died of treadmill injuries, though it is unclear if a medical emergency led to that fall.

It's not awfully hard to use one safely, though with little kids in the house I do routinely unplug the machine to prevent unintended activation.

Feeling the growl again

I AM the Crusher of Treadmills.  I killed the third one last weekend.

Sole - 3 years

NordicTrack - 18 months, with >12 breakdowns and warranty parts orders

LifeSpan - died 5 years and 1 month -- one month outside warranty.  Circuit board went.

Ended up more impressed with the LifeSpan, though to be fair to the others, my running for the past 3.5 years is a fraction of what the other machines got on a per-week basis.

I'm done with the $1500 machines, I have a Landice ordered (lifetime warranty parts).