3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who needs a hamster wheel (Read 974 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Hmmm. I just started looking at treadmills the other day after missing runs due to crappy weather and being too lazy to drive to the gym. I was looking at the Smooth 7.35.

http://www.smoothfitness.com/treadmills/smooth-735.htm

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Fixed the belt. Fixed the start button. Replaced speed sensor. ran calibration. damn thing still tops out at eleven mph.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Hawt and sexy

Fixed the belt. Fixed the start button. Replaced speed sensor. ran calibration. damn thing still tops out at eleven mph.

But, that's louder, right?

I'm touching your pants.

Looks like it will be delivered on Thursday.  Despite the opposition from the wife originally, she's almost more excited by it than me.  Of course, it might have been the great job I did convincing her WHY we need one.Wink 

Ours arrives Friday because I wont be home Thursday Smile

Feeling the growl again

But, that's louder, right?

It's pretty loud at 12mph, but my cursing at the machine for stopping at 11mph, combined with the machine noise at 11mph, is loudest of all...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

It's here!  It wasn't easy but got in the basement myself.  Good thing that the wife wasn't here- she would have given me an earful.  It came in pieces and the toughest part was getting the base down the stairs and around a corner.  New project tonight - piece it together.

Feeling the growl again

It's here!  It wasn't easy but got in the basement myself.  Good thing that the wife wasn't here- she would have given me an earful.  It came in pieces and the toughest part was getting the base down the stairs and around a corner.  New project tonight - piece it together.

At least you were going down not up.  The neighbor I enlisted to help get mine upstairs made fun of me and said maybe if I lifted weights instead of running on a treadmill I'd be able to get the thing upstairs myself.  A few minutes later when I had to pick it up off him he was pretty quiet.

Yeah, they're heavy!  Third hardest thing I've ever had to move on a staircase.

Let us know how it is....I figure I'll get only another year or 18 months out of mine before I break something on it again and give up on it.

After taking everything out of the box, I kept the base in the box, trimmed it up with my leatherman and let the box and gravity do the work.  I just had to stay downstream to stay as the break.  Once I had it on the landing at the bottom of the stairs, I had to stand it up, rotate and and get it down one more stair.

Heh, I get that comment too about lifting more and running less.  I always invite them out to run with me but I never get any takers.  Wonder why...

New project tonight - piece it together. drywall repair

FTFY

Congrats on the mill.  Post up when you get it together and running!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

At least you were going down not up.

We have to go up with ours.

I'm scared already.

I'm scared already.

I would be too.  Total weight with everything in the box is near 300 lbs.  If you went with the standard free delivery, the should at least deliver it inside the house.  Let them do that.  If I remember right, there were different tiers for delivery cost...choice of room, choice of room + set-up, etc.  I'm cheap, I went with the free delivery and figured that I could deal with the rest.

Feeling the growl again

I'm scared already.

Buy a six-pack and pizza to pay some help.  Seriously, I do not recommend the two of you try to tackle it alone.  Perhaps it goes easier without one of the turns we had to negotiate but I think not.  After the near-incident I participated in moving a 600-700lb corn furnace down a staircase I am very cautious about such things....

...I stay on the uphill side.   ;D

Buy a six-pack and pizza to pay some help.  Seriously, I do not recommend the two of you try to tackle it alone.  Perhaps it goes easier without one of the turns we had to negotiate but I think not.  After the near-incident I participated in moving a 600-700lb corn furnace down a staircase I am very cautious about such things....

...I stay on the uphill side.   ;D

That would get me there 

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'd help for beer and pizza, but kinda far away....

Going to go look at treadmills myself this weekend.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.