3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who needs a hamster wheel (Read 974 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I went and tried out treadmills today. Went to a specialty fitness store and tried out the higher end treadmills, but ended up with a Livestrong 13.0T from Dick's. For my needs I couldn't justify the much higher prices of the higher end models. The Livestrong felt good and even at 8 mph it was pretty stable. Hopefully it will hold up.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

I went and tried out treadmills today. Went to a specialty fitness store and tried out the higher end treadmills, but ended up with a Livestrong 13.0T from Dick's. For my needs I couldn't justify the much higher prices of the higher end models. The Livestrong felt good and even at 8 mph it was pretty stable. Hopefully it will hold up.

I assume it fit in the van, but if not remember I have a truck...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I assume it fit in the van, but if not remember I have a truck...

Appreciate the offer, but I'm having it delivered and assembled. It has to go up a flight of stairs and I'm lazy. Since it was cheaper than what I was planning to spend I figured I'd spare myself the potential injuries and frustrations.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

So far the wife and kids have tried it out.  Seems really nice. For a wife that doesn't like treadmill running, she's giving this one positive reviews.  I overheard her talking to her sister about it and how nice is to have one.  And after all these years of playing the balancing act and suckin it up with they shitty Midwest winters...  Wish I could be running but it's still a no go.

C-R

You'll get back on the road soon enough.

I thought since this was the treadmill forum, I would add my goofy story. I have a hand-me-down ProForm 750 (and no I don't recommend buying one) which has who knows how many miles (mostly mine). It's been acting strangely of late. Couple of trips on high amps. Thought it needed cleaning but I removed the foam pad between the deck and belt (it has a plexi shield to save the belt) and lo and behold the thing runs great. Even getting better speeds. Just another example of too much cushioning being a hinderance in either shoes and now it seems hamster wheels. Now let's see if it will make it through the winter.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

The new treadmill ready to go.

Feeling the growl again

The new treadmill ready to go.

Unless you have a (hot) female neighbor out that window who likes to walk around the house nekkid, you will feel much better when you mount a 30" flatscreen in front of the tm.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Hawt and sexy

Unless you have a (hot) female neighbor out that window who likes to walk around the house nekkid, you will feel much better when you mount a 30" flatscreen in front of the tm.

Agreed. Although I would want some hawt nekkid asian guys. But I can find that on a tv maybe.

I'm touching your pants.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I have a wall mount for the 32" flatscreen that's in our bedroom that I never used. The plan is to upgrade the bedroom TV to 37" and move the 32" to the treadmill and put it on the wall mount.

The forecast says rain today, so I'll probably get my first run on it this evening. It was too nice outside yesterday to run on the treadmill.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I decided to go a bit smaller with the flatscreen. It's only 19". The treadmill is too close for anything bigger.

Feeling the growl again

I decided to go a bit smaller with the flatscreen. It's only 19". The treadmill is too close for anything bigger.

Bigger would be overkill and annoying that close.  Good call.

Netflix was a big disappointment to me.  I canceled it and got a DVR.  Now I can hardly find anything worth recording...

C-R

Nice ra.

Hey Spaniel. Just wait until your kids get old enough to run the DVR and you will have all sorts of I Carly, Suite Life, Wizzards of Someplace and other assorted crap for your viewing pleasure.

Thankfully, I have about 6 or 7 soccer matches for my viewing enjoyment while on the hamster wheel.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

Nice ra.

Hey Spaniel. Just wait until your kids get old enough to run the DVR and you will have all sorts of I Carly, Suite Life, Wizzards of Someplace and other assorted crap for your viewing pleasure.

Thankfully, I have about 6 or 7 soccer matches for my viewing enjoyment while on the hamster wheel.

Shit, they don't need the DVR, right now they are content watching Sleeping Beauty 4 times in a row.  It is sad that I have to be happy when they select How To Train Your Dragon or Despicable Me for the daily marathon.

C-R

Shit, they don't need the DVR, right now they are content watching Sleeping Beauty 4 times in a row.  It is sad that I have to be happy when they select How To Train Your Dragon or Despicable Me for the daily marathon.

Heh. My favorite part of DM is the freeze ray scene in the coffee shop. Man I need me one of those for the grocery line.

+1  I am happy when it isn't Spongebob all day long and she's okay with something like Penguins of Madagascar.  How can a 4 year old figure out what to play on the DVR, it's not like she's reading it, they memorize everything.