3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who needs a hamster wheel (Read 974 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Netflix was a big disappointment to me.  I canceled it and got a DVR.  Now I can hardly find anything worth recording...

I have Netflix mostly for the kids. They like to watch the kid movies and my 12 year old likes the anime stuff. I put a Roku on the TM flatscreen, so I'll be using Netflix a lot more now. Currently watching the Walking Dead during my runs.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Nice ra.

Hey Spaniel. Just wait until your kids get old enough to run the DVR and you will have all sorts of I Carly, Suite Life, Wizzards of Someplace and other assorted crap for your viewing pleasure.

Thankfully, I have about 6 or 7 soccer matches for my viewing enjoyment while on the hamster wheel.

My 10 and 12 year old girls have their own DVR for that stuff. They never want to delete anything and would fill up the DVR with Spongebob, My Life as a Teenage Robot, and Invader Zim, so I got them one so I wouldn't have to worry about it.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Good call. I kind of get it when my parents would wonder why I watched Looney Toons and Johnny Quest and The Justice League.

Well actually, I still watch Looney Toons once in a while and Bugs can whip ol Spongebob's butt any day and twice on Sunday. Where else would you learn to never buy any product from a company called Acme.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

The 2 channel DVR records desperate housewives/house hunters on one and wizards of waverly place on the other, or some such combination every day. GAH.

This is good therapy isn't it?

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Well, so much for my treadmill. It died this morning. Toward the end of the run the belt just shut down. The console comes on, but doesn't respond to button presses. I called Livestrong support and they were very nice. Asked me a few questions and had me check a few things on the treadmill. They placed an order for parts and said a local service tech would contact me shortly to set up an appointment. Hopefully it won't take too long and will get fixed on the first try.

Feeling the growl again

A your recent HM PR demonstrates, you are simply gaining fitness too fast and even the treadmill can't keep up.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

A your recent HM PR demonstrates, you are simply gaining fitness too fast and even the treadmill can't keep up.

Heh. If I can kill a treadmill in less than two weeks that doesn't bode well. Hopefully this won't be a recurring issue.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

They came out and fixed the treadmill. They replaced a control board and the overlays on the console. My daughter walked on it to test it, but I haven't run on it yet since it's been fixed.

Glad the TM is hopefully fixed ra.  Seeing it sitting there but not useable must have been a bit frustrating.

I wish our house was big enough for a TM.  I don't really enjoy running on them, but it would be nice to have the option at times.  If we got one it would fill our living room. and there would be no room in the tiny rooms (bedroom, study/spare room and bathroom) upstairs even if we were able to get it up the stupidly narrow staircase.  The only other room is the kitchen and it wouldn't fit there unless I put it right in the middle so I couldn't cook, open the fridge, or get to the sink.  I need a bigger house.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

Friends don't let friends buy a Sole.

My Sole saga continues.  I had my last "paternity day" off work today so I decided after my run to loosen the belt and lube the deck, as it just rolled over 500 miles since I replaced the deck and lubed it in October.  Sure enough....the deck is already cracked again.

I called Sole and was professionally cold to the tech who answered....Yes, it is out of warranty....no, I will not be purchasing a new one by credit card....this is the third cracked deck on this machine and second in the past 6 months, the last didn't go 3 months/500 miles...do you think this is acceptable performance for your product...you need to find a way to make this right by me or I am going to share my experiences widely on the internet running boards and in the running community and cost you a lot of sales.....yes, I will hold for a supervisor.

I'm not posting about it on the open forum yet as the supervisor agreed that this is not acceptable performance and is sending a fourth deck for free.  I'm sure this one will be busted by year's end so the gloves can come off then, I'll be replacing this thing with a non-Sole before I sink any money into it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Man that sucks.

Hey look at the bright side, you are becoming quite the skills technician at repairing TM's.  Although it's not the best fall-back career option...

I'm still happy with the recommendation.  Just checked last night and we're at about 400 miles on it right now.  You're experience is making me nervous in that I should read up and see what else I should be doing with ours.

My Sole saga continues.  I had my last "paternity day" off work today so I decided after my run to loosen the belt and lube the deck, as it just rolled over 500 miles since I replaced the deck and lubed it in October.  Sure enough....the deck is already cracked again.

I called Sole and was professionally cold to the tech who answered....Yes, it is out of warranty....no, I will not be purchasing a new one by credit card....this is the third cracked deck on this machine and second in the past 6 months, the last didn't go 3 months/500 miles...do you think this is acceptable performance for your product...you need to find a way to make this right by me or I am going to share my experiences widely on the internet running boards and in the running community and cost you a lot of sales.....yes, I will hold for a supervisor.

I'm not posting about it on the open forum yet as the supervisor agreed that this is not acceptable performance and is sending a fourth deck for free.  I'm sure this one will be busted by year's end so the gloves can come off then, I'll be replacing this thing with a non-Sole before I sink any money into it.

Annoying.  

If I'm ever in the market, I sure won't buy a Sole.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I am fairly happy with Spaniels original recommendation so far, Nordic Track commercial 1500, he may have recommended C  1750, but the only difference  I could find was the console, but I decided for $200 cheaper I could live without a fancy touch screen .

However mine has a weird issue of the console going blank if I keep my laptop on it.  Some wireless interference I guess.

My Sole saga continues.  

Guess what add keeps showing up for me?  Yep, "Buy a Sole" it says.  "Best rated treadmill."  I like my NordicTrack, I'm keeping it for hopefully a long time.

Feeling the growl again

It's been a shitty week, all day I was looking forward to hammering a nice tempo on the treadmill when I got home.  I got all ready, flipped on the Sole...

BZZZZ...POP.

Blew the breaker on it.  Tried other plugs, cleaning the dust out of the treadmill....same thing.  All I can figure is that now the main board is fried, it does not appear to have a separate power supply in it.

FUCK.

Uncle.

Looks like part of my bonus is earmarked for a NordicTrack.

Hey C-R, wanna help me shoot this thing full of holes?