3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who needs a hamster wheel (Read 974 times)

What color?

Blue.  I will going back for more some day.

Feeling the growl again

Well, the "speed up" button already quit.  Time to get on the phone. 

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

That sucks. The electronics on mine have been wacky. Sometimes the distance doesn't work. Other times the timer won't stop when I pause it or stop it.

Ben saw you post this and apparently we are going to get it before the weekend sale runs out.

I wish we had room for two. I see us fighting over it once winter hits.

Well, not fighting...but you know what I mean. Taking turns begrudgingly.

How is your hamster wheel working out for you?

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Feeling the growl again

I have been busy so I had not called NordicTrack yet about the broken button.  Then last night two more buttons started to intermittently not function.  So I called CS today. 

I have never dealt with such an inept CS organization not based in India.  Apparently they could not work their own system to find the information so when they got stuck they would just say they could not do anything for me, even though I provided all the info they asked for.  I hung up on the first two people before managing to get through the process with the third one (who still wanted to charge me $500+ to replace a console on a 4-month-old machine under warranty).

Sigh.  When the extended warranty on this thing runs out I am going to save my pennies and just buy a Landice.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Ostrich runner

I have had decent luck getting money back on shit if I save a good tantrum up and then hit the BBB, Rip Off Report, and twitter simultaneously. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

I have had decent luck getting money back on shit if I save a good tantrum up and then hit the BBB, Rip Off Report, and twitter simultaneously. 

Well, once I got past their dumbass ineptness at doing their job, they honored the warranty.  Given some good advice, I did opt for the 7-year, bumper-to-bumper extended warranty...which includes the offending electronics.

The big issue here was that their CS reps had no standard process, I talked to 3 of them and there was no similarity in the approach they used and information they asked for.  It was clear that there was a big lack of experience/training with all 3.  And none of them had a real interest in making sure a solution was reached, leading to a happy customer, if they hit a problem their default was "we can't do anything for you."  If the 3rd had not gotten there I would have requested a manager.

Hate to say it, but Sole p'wned them in this regard.

Feeling the growl again

My wife just informed me that the THIRD console just went out, exactly as the first two did...

Feeling the growl again

My wife just informed me that the THIRD console just went out, exactly as the first two did...

Yup, call in today for a third replacement.  Speed up/down, start, and stop buttons now non-functional.  This follows the same progression every time.  Supposedly they have never heard of this before.  Helpful and did not contest but no way am I recommending this brand after this.

Yup, call in today for a third replacement.  Speed up/down, start, and stop buttons now non-functional.  This follows the same progression every time.  Supposedly they have never heard of this before.  Helpful and did not contest but no way am I recommending this brand after this.

Remind us what make and model you have that you will not recommend to anyone you like! I'm too lazy to read through and figure it out.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Feeling the growl again

Remind us what make and model you have that you will not recommend to anyone you like! I'm too lazy to read through and figure it out.

NordicTrack 1500 Commercial, which several of us here bought that or the similar 1750 about the same time (mbehr and Candice, I believe?).

I will give their CS credit for being a lot more helpful after the initial debacle, but if one more display goes bad I am going to ask them for either a new machine or a refund.  I'm sure that will be a fun conversation. 

So far, no console has gone 6 weeks before acting up.

NordicTrack 1500 Commercial, which several of us here bought that or the similar 1750 about the same time (mbehr and Candice, I believe?).

I will give their CS credit for being a lot more helpful after the initial debacle, but if one more display goes bad I am going to ask them for either a new machine or a refund.  I'm sure that will be a fun conversation. 

So far, no console has gone 6 weeks before acting up.

Maybe that's your problem...should have gone with the 1750.  Mine has been running with no problems and have been very happy with it.  Knock on wood that I don't run into the problem you've had.  That sucks.  Between the Sole and this, you haven't had your luck with TM's.  I think you bought a lemon.

Feeling the growl again

Maybe that's your problem...should have gone with the 1750. 

I thought I was reducing complexity by going with the simpler console.  Argh.

The tech who came out last time told me that in his experience the machines are solid and pretty trouble-free.....EXCEPT the consoles.  He says they have a software glitch in them and once they act up they are trash.  He says it is basically Russian roulette on whether you get a good one or a faulty one.  I conveyed this to the CS rep (stating that I did not know it to be truth but was what the tech told me).  She did not confirm or deny but said she had never seen 3 consoles replaced on one machine before.  So I am hopeful I get the empty chamber this time.  Smile

Feeling the growl again

While we are on the topic of treadmills again, I am trying to commit to becoming a morning runner; this would have a big impact on my ability to consistently hit mileage.  Due to the location of my treadmill and design of my house, running with the TV turned up as I normally must do to overcome the noise of the treadmill is a non-starter while the kids are asleep.

So, I just ordered a pair of these wireless headphones to hook up to the TV.  I thought I would post in case anyone was interested in the idea or has experience with them.

While we are on the topic of treadmills again, I am trying to commit to becoming a morning runner; this would have a big impact on my ability to consistently hit mileage.  Due to the location of my treadmill and design of my house, running with the TV turned up as I normally must do to overcome the noise of the treadmill is a non-starter while the kids are asleep.

So, I just ordered a pair of these wireless headphones to hook up to the TV.  I thought I would post in case anyone was interested in the idea or has experience with them.

I've thought about getting a pair of those but then wondered if they would be too big\bulky\warm for running.  Let me know what you think when you get a chance to try them out.