3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

April 2014 Race Thread (Read 43 times)

C-R

Didn't see one so here's the place to post and race.

I'll start with this one

Date Name Race Location Distance Goal Comments/Excuses
    4/5 milktruck Race to the Runways New Brunswick, ME 13.1 <1:45  1:42:28 Part I
    4/5 RothRunner Dulwich Parkrun 5k London UK 5k <16:35  16:35 call shot
    4/5 WhoDatRunner DINO Trail 5k Indianapolis IN 5k <28:30  26:45 28:08 little boom or Splash
    4/5 pcaharrier VA is for Dinosaurs Virginia Beach VA 27 training run  5:02:05
    4/6 kencamet Sactown 10 Sacramento, CA 10 <1:04:30  1:05:03 HTFU with a back tweak
    4/6 milktruck Great Bay HM Newmarket NH 13.1 <1:45  1:44:02 helluva double!!!
    4/12 C-R Carmel Marathon Carmel, IN 26.2 <3:20  3:19:44 and BQ baby!
    4/12 WhoDatRunner Tri-West Post Prom 5k Pittsboro, IN 5k <27:30  25:57 sandbagger
    4/12 spaniel Tri-West Post Prom 5k Pittsboro, IN 5k <17:30 with DW clearance of course
    4/12 AmoresPeros Some 5k USA 5k Snap Back  19:03 with sunburn
    4/13 spaniel BS 5k #2 Lizton, IN 5k <17:15 17:22 hurricane hindered.
    4/13 WhoDatRunner BS 5k #2 Lizton, IN 5k <25:57 Double tempo
    4/19 Spaniel BS 5K #3 Lizton, IN 5k <17:10  17:08 getting there
    4/19 WhoDatRunner Rock the relay Indy, IN 2.2 laps

<19:30 ea

<78

Easy peasy and beat all goals like a rented mule
    4/21 Milktruck  Boys Club 5 miler  Portland ME  5 mi  <36:50  36:14 and a PR!
    4/21   Greg C  Boston  Boston  26.2 3:09:57   3:09:47 + sunburn
    4/21 Ntown Kevin Boston Boston 26.2 <2:50 2:52:42 soaking in the experience
    4/21 mstuartm Boston Boston 26.2 <3:10 3:23:03 stage fright conquered
    4/21 mbehr Bosotn Boston 26.2 <2:41:22  2:45:27!!!
    4/26 AP 24 Hours Fun Run Hampton VA 24hrs 100 mi? Shooting for the moon. Got 60 miles
    4/26 pcaharier 24 hour run Hampton VA 24 hrs > 50k  60 miles
    4/26 WhoDatRunner DINO Trail Series Indy 5k <28 28:30 ran despite of not wanting too.
    4/26 mstuartm Twilight 5k Athens GA 5k <20 19:59 and a new PR a week post Boston!!!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

kcam

4/6 kencamet Sactown 10 Sacramento, Ca 10 1:04:30  

Ran 1:05:03 chip time, sprinting at the end watching the clock tick over 1:05:00.  Ran well, just not as fit as I thought I might be for this one.  Excuse:  I tweaked my back reaching into the trunk of my car getting my race shoes.  It released when I jogged for 10 minutes so I totally forgot about it during the race.  I don't believe it affected me as it only crossed my mind ~3miles and then it as fine.  This morning my back is sore as hell and I'm listing to the right side.  I've had this so many times in the past, the routine is that it'll be 90% resolved in few days and 100% in a couple weeks.

an amazing likeness

04/05 milktruck - Race the Runways Half, Brunswick ME, 1:45:00

04/06 milktruck - Great Bay Half, Newmarket NH, 1:45:00

Goal is 3:30 for the pair...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

C-R

Daaaaammmmmmnn Truck. Automatic Half Maniac qualify.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

4/5 Roth Runner Dulwich parkrun 5k London, UK 5k 16:35  

Last one for me before I go on holiday for 2 weeks, just looking for a solid effort after a bit of a dip in the last week or so.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I predict it will be a muddy sloppy mess at Eagle Creek on Saturday, but I'll give it my best shot.

Date Who Race Name Location Distance Goal Result
              4/5 WhoDatRunner DINO Trail Series Indianapolis, IN 5K <28:30  

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

pcaharrier

4/5

VA is for Dinosaurs 27

Virginia Beach, VA

27.???

I'm using this as a training run for a 24-hour race at the end of the month, so my only goal is to go slowly and enjoy the scenery.

Definitely something a little off at the moment - I'm starting to fade in races and my muscles feel empty, time for a holiday break!

Still exactly 16:35, couldn't have done it if I tried!

M.T.A. Now I'm looking forward to all the London Marathon & Boston guys and galls doing there stuff for the next two weekends while I chill out in Chicago and then Costa Rica respectively.

4/5 Roth Runner Dulwich parkrun 5k London, UK 5k 16:35  

Last one for me before I go on holiday for 2 weeks, just looking for a solid effort after a bit of a dip in the last week or so.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I predict it will be a muddy sloppy mess at Eagle Creek on Saturday, but I'll give it my best shot.

Oh joy. The starting area has standing water. I hate mud. #iamsuchawuss

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Very wet and muddy, but my Roclites were up to the task. Those things have great grip.

26:45 28:08

I have to wonder if the course was short though. It seems unlikely that I'd run faster on wet muddy trails than I did a week ago on a track.

MTA: They've got corrected times up on the website. That looks much more reasonable.

Date Who Race Name Location Distance Goal Result
                      4/5 WhoDatRunner DINO Trail Series Indianapolis, IN 5K <28:30  

an amazing likeness

> Front half of the duo is in the books at 1:42:28 (my watch time)...tomorrow will be a challenge -- much tougher course and I was feeling a good amount of leg fatigue today in the last 2 miles.

> Back half goes in the books at 1:44:01.

Goal is 3:30 for the pair.

> 3:26:29 for the pair.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Raced both mornings this weekend, and they came up very slow, and shockingly slow. On the positive side, I got a bunch of running in (abt 20mi total each day).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

> Front half of the duo is in the books at 1:42:28 (my watch time)...tomorrow will be a challenge -- much tougher course and I was feeling a good amount of leg fatigue today in the last 2 miles.

> Back half goes in the books at 1:44:01.

Goal is 3:30 for the pair.

> 3:26:29 for the pair.

That's very impressive. I know there's a BIG difference between those two courses, and you did the harder one on unrecovered legs. Nice work there for sure.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That is a pretty studly double, and even more so with Greg's notes on the difficulty.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Me

Boston

4/21

3:09:57

Going for a tiny PR, which I may or may not be ready for. One way to find out...

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.