3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

May 2014 Racing Thread (Read 39 times)

Feeling the growl again

Since I'm likely going to do something epically stupid, I'll own this one.  Post them and stay tuned.

AmoresPerros - 5/3 - unnamed 5K - sub-19                                                                                                             ~19:20

Kelly Dodge - 5/3 - Green Thumb Wellness 5k - Carson City, NV - sub-21                                                       21:10, 1AG, 3OA

milktruck - 5/3 - 5 O' Clock Somewhere 5K - Freeport, ME - PR (22:1x)                                                             21:41; PR, 3AG, 11OA!

Cecil29 - 5/4 - Bloomsday 12K - Spokane, WA - 47:30, top 4 A/G, 230 or better over/all of 48,000     48:00, 2nd A/G, 262 O/A of 44,626

6:26 pace, 83.4% age-graded

Roth Runner - 5/5 - Herne Hill Harriers Open Mile - London, UK - 4:55                                                             5:00.52

kencamet - 5/10 - Some Awesome 5K - sub-20                                                                                                        19:44, 20th AG

milktruck - 5/10 - Big Lake Half, Alton NH - 1:41:0, fitness test for 6/1 PR attempt                                            1:41:20; sloppy

Greg C - 5/11 - Maine Coast Marathon - 3:20-3:25, perhaps something dumber (3:09:47)                                DNF.  Ouchy.

Roth Runner - 5/12 - Southern Vets League - Battersea, London - 4:36                                                             4:53.5

kencamet - 5/17 - Silver State 50/50 HM - 1:39

mbehr - 5/17 - Galena Duathlon - <1:35

spaniel - 5/18 - Chicagoland Marathon - Schaumburg, IL - BQ, 2:50, FINISH FINISH FINISH DAMMIT

C-R - 5/X - Some random 5K - Sub-19, slay the monkey

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

SUb 19 or bust. Damn it all. I need this monkey off my back.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Just a dude.

Name: Kelly Dodge

Race: Green Thumb Wellness 5k

Date: May 3rd

Goal: Sub 21

Course is mostly downhill first 2 miles and back up the hill the last mile. Could be rough...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Walk-Jogger

Name: Cecil59

Race: Bloomsday 12K

Date: Sunday, May 4th

Goal: 47:30, top 4 A/G, 230 or better over/all of 48,000.

Retired &  Loving It

Feeling the growl again

spaniel - 5/18 - Chicagoland Marathon, Schaumburg, IL - BQ and 2:50

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Me

Maine Coast Marathon

May 11'th

This was not part of the plan. The new plan is to run with 5-6 friends all going for a BQ in the 3:20-3:25 range. 20-30 people I know are doing this race. I had no intention of doing it so soon after Boston, but I'm a dumbass and I felt left out of the fun, or something.

I may revise the goal if I feel uppity as it gets closer. Another friend is trying for <3:10. We'll see.

MTA: I've opted for stupid. PR or bust. <3:09:47 is the goal.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Me

Maine Coast DumbAss Marathon

May 11'th

Go Greg!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I'm probably done for a couple of months with business travel and the move to Seattle, but it's good to see some legit dumbassery happening here. Good luck!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Nice to see spaniel picked a forgiving distance to race this month Smile

Feeling the growl again

Nice to see spaniel picked a forgiving distance to race this month Smile

I said I was going to do something epically stupid..... Smile

Back of holiday and feeling a little unfit so the ideal race is of course the mile...

Roth Runner - 5/5 - Herne Hill Harriers Open Mile - London, UK - 4:55

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Back of holiday and feeling a little unfit so the ideal race is of course the mile...

Cause you can get to the painful part quickly without hardly any waiting, right? Smile

Just a dude.

Name: Kelly Dodge

Race: Green Thumb Wellness 5k

Date: May 3rd

Goal: Sub 21

Course is mostly downhill first 2 miles and back up the hill the last mile. Could be rough...

-Kelly

Quick answer: 21:10. Failed to break 21. 1st AG, 3rd overall. Hill was kinda rough, but at the end I felt like I didn't run it as hard as I should. No one around me for most of the race, as the guy in front of me beat me by nearly a minute, and I had no contact with anyone behind me for the last 2 miles.

I think sub 21 was in there somewhere, but I just didn't dig it out. Not unhappy though.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hm, where's my race? Oops.

May 3, 5K, sub-19 goal.

Result maybe 19:20.

But had a great experience.

an amazing likeness

Might not be legit or fair since I didn't call it in advance...

milktruck - 5/3 - 5 O' Clock Somewhere 5K - Freeport, ME - PR (22:1x)

Posted a 21:41 for a PR and 3AG, 11OA.  And....a bunch of beers at Gritty's.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.