3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

November / December 2012 Weight Loss Challenge (Read 1074 times)

123.8 Surgery helped weight loss

Not a good way to lose it Sad

Prince of Fatness

162 this morning.  I have no official December goal, but I have found out that running 80 - 90 miles a week does not make me lose weight, which is stupid.

If I don't gain weight this month, I will be happy.

On the plus side, a HM on New Year's day means I will pay for it IMMEDIATELY if I splurge too much on New Year's Eve.

You posted, you're in.  I put your goal to maintain the 162.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

*Snort* If this is not motivation, I don't know what is.

+1.

Fat is a fuel source and has its place in the diet.  When you are running 130mpw, your body constantly needs fuel to exercise and recover.  Fat intake when sitting on the couch vs when training hard will have drastically different impacts on your blood chemistry.

There is some decent scientific evidence that there is such a thing as too-low cholesterol.  I am not very militant with my diet, I eat my share of crap, and my cholesterol and triglycerides and pretty rock bottom (except my HDL which is of course high).  During my peak training years I was twice called back into doctors because they wanted an explanation for my numbers.

If I have a weakness it is simple carbs, not fat.  I really should work on cutting down simple carbs.

And Ilene -- not only will I stay off your lawn, but also out of range.  Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

I bet this dude dies at an early age.

I've read where running ultra's will do this to you.

Seriously though. I am reading a book The Art and Science of Low-Carb Performance. About half through the text. Biggest issue for me is a weakness for stupid carbs (easy stuff). The text seems to indicate that a balance of the proper fats, correct amount of protein and a minimum of healthy carbs will help to tap into the fat fuel vs. carb fuel for efficient use.

Frankly, I will have to read it more than once to actually make sense of it. I guess I should have taken some biology courses instead of those pesky propulsion courses. My interest is that right now I am unable to lose weight and I am ramping up miles. I've had difficulty losing weight in the past 10 years and I really have to think it diet related.

Once I understand the text, I will provide a Hurtlocker worthy post so we can hit it back and forth.

Oh and I'm with spaniel on staying off Illene's lawn. Hell, I'm grabbing my kevlar just in case. 

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

#artbydmcbride

Now now, no need to be afraid boys....

Runners run

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

try starting menopause!   Get the hell off of MY lawn!!  Angry

Yeah!  What llene said.

steph  

I've read where running ultra's will do this to you.

I was more refering to the bacon & fatty meats part.

C-R

I was more refering to the bacon & fatty meats part.

In the Swamp that would be a GITM but here in the Hurtlocker you just get one of these.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

You posted, you're in.  I put your goal to maintain the 162.

...Damn it.

I love/hate this place.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                    Emil Zatopek

xhristopher

I think Thursdays are the best days to check in (because it's usually my lowest weight of the week prior to the weekend pigout & bacchanalia) but I almost don't want to check in today. Somehow the scale registered 180.2 while yesterday it was 183.6. Now I'll have to work extra hard to just hold this weight for next week. Running the Disney Half next month at or under 180 is giving me extra motivation.

kcam

I think Thursdays are the best days to check in (because it's usually my lowest weight of the week prior to the weekend pigout & bacchanalia) but I almost don't want to check in today. Somehow the scale registered 180.2 while yesterday it was 183.6. Now I'll have to work extra hard to just hold this weight for next week. Running the Disney Half next month at or under 180 is giving me extra motivation.

I'm the same way.  I've chosen Wednesdays as my weigh-in day because, well, I'm usually at my heaviest on Mondays and lighteset on Fridays.   Work keeps me fairly busy during the week but on the weekends I'm like a moth drawn to a flame ('cept for me the flame is the fridge).

Feeling the growl again

but on the weekends I'm like a moth drawn to a flame ('cept for me the flame is the fridge).

Lately my flame is actually something flammable.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

191.6 for me today.  Wow, down a whole 0.2 lbs. Must have been the haircut last Saturday.

Still counting calories, and staying below the limit, mostly. 

Just waiting for that and the increased exercise to kick in and start some real weight loss. 

mta: Why in the world did my ads change after that post, from Underarmor Coldgear to one for Don Giovanni appearing at The Met?  Confused

Prince of Fatness

181.5 this morning.

Not at it at all. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Going no where.  130

steph