3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

November / December 2012 Weight Loss Challenge (Read 1074 times)

Seanv2

170 this morning.

I'm doing this stupid elimination diet to see if I have a gluten allergy. That means no beer.  I should be 135 by the end of the week.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

steph  

Prince of Fatness

Oh, and since these threads seem to go better when beer is on the line....every week I do NOT lose weight, I have to mail Finn a 6-pack.  For real.

So spaniel, how did you  I do?

Not at it at all. 

my ending weight for the year was 122.6

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

This helped-I will have to sign up for the next weight challenge.

xhristopher

OK, I ended at 180.4. If I really cared I could probably go and run 10 minutes and weighed myself under but I was sticking to the exact first thing in the morning regime...

Having maintained through Christmas was rough. We still have to clear out some of the holiday treats. Damn.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

This week was a miserable failure.

I just keep telling myself at least it's still under 165.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

153.  I think I'm back to where the original challenge started....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

153.  I think I'm back to where the original challenge started....

I'm over that, so don't feel too bad.

Not at it at all. 

kcam

152.5 for the last week.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Seriously though. I am reading a book The Art and Science of Low-Carb Performance. About half through the text. Biggest issue for me is a weakness for stupid carbs (easy stuff). The text seems to indicate that a balance of the proper fats, correct amount of protein and a minimum of healthy carbs will help to tap into the fat fuel vs. carb fuel for efficient use.

Frankly, I will have to read it more than once to actually make sense of it. I guess I should have taken some biology courses instead of those pesky propulsion courses. My interest is that right now I am unable to lose weight and I am ramping up miles. I've had difficulty losing weight in the past 10 years and I really have to think it diet related.

Once I understand the text, I will provide a Hurtlocker worthy post so we can hit it back and forth.

Did any thing come of this, C-R or did I miss it?  I've just started this book.

steph