3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

November / December 2012 Weight Loss Challenge (Read 1074 times)

128.4 is today's weight in.  My jeans don't fit me much tighter than they were at 122 so I'm not worried

I'm going to have to amend my goal weight to 123. I've gained some weight and some of it is more than likely due to the medication since it's a side effect and a very common one. However I've also noticed some muscle gain since I started rowing. If I'm going to keep the muscle then 117 is OUT of the picture!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I keep forgetting to post my weigh in.

Little bit of negative progress Joking

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

128.4 is today's weight in.  My jeans don't fit me much tighter than they were at 122 so I'm not worried

I'm going to have to amend my goal weight to 123. I've gained some weight and some of it is more than likely due to the medication since it's a side effect and a very common one. However I've also noticed some muscle gain since I started rowing. If I'm going to keep the muscle then 117 is OUT of the picture!

Wish I could say that some of mine is added muscle.

steph  

I'm out!  Did a real number on my left wrist and will not be able to row for the next week or so and then I'm having my surgery so I don't see any real chance at getting to my goal. Such is life.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Pam, so sorry to hear the wrist has put rowing on hold.  I know you'll be back.  Heal up and take care. 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

I'm out!  Did a real number on my left wrist and will not be able to row for the next week or so and then I'm having my surgery so I don't see any real chance at getting to my goal. Such is life.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Ugh!  Well, with the surgery coming up you were due for some down time anyways.  If you're going to incur an injury that will curtail your rowing it you might as well serve both sentences concurrently.... Sad

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Dang Pam. It's been quite a few months for you. Get past the surgery and recover well.

I have this sneaking suspicion that the weight loss thread will be continuing. We seem to like beer around here and that screws up weight loss for sure. So you can catch the next wave of weight loss threads and kick all our asses.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Things have got to get better for you, Pam.  Heal up soon!  

steph  

Pam, so sorry to hear the wrist has put rowing on hold.  I know you'll be back.  Heal up and take care. 

Thanks Sarah!

Ugh!  Well, with the surgery coming up you were due for some down time anyways.  If you're going to incur an injury that will curtail your rowing it you might as well serve both sentences concurrently.... Sad

guess I should be thankful that I didn't cut the tendon. Not sure how much damage I did inside so ya it's a good thing I did it now. I'll be getting PT for my hand strength anyways......

Dang Pam. It's been quite a few months for you. Get past the surgery and recover well.

I have this sneaking suspicion that the weight loss thread will be continuing. We seem to like beer around here and that screws up weight loss for sure. So you can catch the next wave of weight loss threads and kick all our asses.

Thank you Norm!

I don't know about kicking butt other than my own lol. Speaking of beer, I drank more beer last night than I have in ages. IT was goooooooooood!

Things have got to get better for you, Pam.  Heal up soon!  

I sure hope so Steph. Thanks!

This is what I did to my wrist  

Damn not sure how to make it smaller. CAUTION if you are squeamish at all

wrist

Feeling the growl again

This is what I did to my wrist  

Damn not sure how to make it smaller. CAUTION if you are squeamish at all

wrist

Holy crap.  How did you do that??

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

wk 2: 161.8

I'll take it. I'm not sure how low I can get this until I start running more.