3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

November / December 2012 Weight Loss Challenge (Read 1074 times)

I'm out!  Did a real number on my left wrist and will not be able to row for the next week or so and then I'm having my surgery so I don't see any real chance at getting to my goal. Such is life.

Won't post the picture again, but DAMN Pam.  Glad your OK from that as that could have been real serious.  I mean it looks serious enough from the size of the cut and the number of stitches.  WOW. 

Time to rest, regroup and recover.  I know it's hard to hear and accept that's it what you need to do.  We know you'll be back.  And when you are, we all better watch out!

Holy crap.  How did you do that??

I was stupid enough to pick up a pocket knife to try and cut a plastic tag of a belt I had just put on. Since my hand strength isn't there I had to try a little harder. Needless to say the plastic  tag didn't get cut just me. I obviously was NOT using my brain. I just can't believe I did that. I have been refusing to even CLEAN the knives as being afraid I might cut myself.  BTW my 11 year old daughter cut the tag off with a pair of scissors.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Damn!  Maybe your DH should think about packing you in some cotton wool till after your surgery!

steph  

Won't post the picture again, but DAMN Pam.  Glad your OK from that as that could have been real serious.  I mean it looks serious enough from the size of the cut and the number of stitches.  WOW. 

Time to rest, regroup and recover.  I know it's hard to hear and accept that's it what you need to do.  We know you'll be back.  And when you are, we all better watch out!

Thanks and yes!

I don't know if I know how to really rest but guess I'll be learning! And I sure hope so!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Maybe we need to set you resting goals?  By resting now you are, in effect, training just in a different way to usual.  It's hard though, because until you (well in this I mean not you specifically, but stupid idiot runners and active people in general) accept that rest is necessary and is not failure or weakness then it is hard to do.  If it is goal-based rest (big goal of maximizing chances of recovery in the quickest possible time, but small goals of taking time do do other things that aren't "active" in the way you are used to), then, it is more manageable. 

That doesn't make a lot of sense written down, but I'll leave it there anyway.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

I was stupid enough to pick up a pocket knife to try and cut a plastic tag of a belt I had just put on. Since my hand strength isn't there I had to try a little harder. Needless to say the plastic  tag didn't get cut just me. I obviously was NOT using my brain. I just can't believe I did that. I have been refusing to even CLEAN the knives as being afraid I might cut myself.

Holy crap, that looks vicious.  I hope that pocketknife gets an unfriendly jury.

Glad the blade missed the more vital things tucked in there.  Heal up!  And +1 to spaniel's concurrent sentences point.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I cut my thumb across the knuckle once trying to slice open a pack of socks. Still have the scar. Of course I tell people I tore it open across some dude's teeth in a bar fight. I don't know why no one ever believes me.

Heal up Pam. And be careful out there. Wink

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Slo

This is what I did to my wrist  

Damn not sure how to make it smaller. CAUTION if you are squeamish at all

wrist

I want to see an after picture to see how well they matched the tattoo back up.

Ostrich runner

Cutting extremities off is totally cheating on this challenge.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

If you're gonna do that you could choose a larger appendage/extremity.

Obviously that is easier for some on here than it is for others.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Prince of Fatness

Damn Pam, that looks nasty!  Glad you're OK.

Not at it at all. 

kcam

OUCH!  

Look on the bright side - Scars are the original tattoo and that one's gonna enhance the badassery of the tat.

W2 - 152.4 

Weigh in = 199.2

Pam, now that you'll be using a scissors to open bags or cut off tags, just remember not to run with them.Wink

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

steph  

Prince of Fatness

183, not surprised.

Revised goal is 175.

Not at it at all.