3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

November / December 2012 Weight Loss Challenge (Read 1074 times)

kcam

177 the day after Thanksgiving. Could have been worse.

I hear ya!  I refused to weigh myself yesterday morning or this morning.  I did weigh myself this morning AFTER running 15.5 miles including 4X1600 at MP (last 'big' workout for next week's marathon).  I weighed 149.6 which means I was likely 152 or so before running.  So I gained a couple pounds since last weigh-in on Wednesday.   I got a ace up my sleeve though - I am having an unmentionable medical procedure done  (those over 50 years old will likely know what the schtupid thing is) on Monday afternoon  that calls for fasting all day Sunday through Monday morning.  So, yeah,  I bet that gets me back to where I was pre-TurkeyDay. 

Seanv2

I hear ya!  I refused to weigh myself yesterday morning or this morning.  I did weigh myself this morning AFTER running 15.5 miles including 4X1600 at MP (last 'big' workout for next week's marathon).  I weighed 149.6 which means I was likely 152 or so before running.  So I gained a couple pounds since last weigh-in on Wednesday.   I got a ace up my sleeve though - I am having an unmentionable medical procedure done  (those over 50 years old will likely know what the schtupid thing is) on Monday afternoon  that calls for fasting all day Sunday through Monday morning.  So, yeah,  I bet that gets me back to where I was pre-TurkeyDay. 

I'm 37 but family history means I have already been down the road you're going to be walking on Monday. Unpleasant, but effective for weight loss.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

xhristopher

Alright MrFinn. I want in on your challenge. I need to take this weight thing seriously if I want to get faster. I've got to find people to give me shit if I slack off. I'm probably in the mid 180s and would like to dip under 180 by the New Year.

Been spectating here to see how progress has been going.  I didn't throw anything out there in October as I was less worried where the weight was and more worried about getting the legs back to running.  I'm happy to say that since this started a few months ago, I've been consistently down in the 149's for the last few days.  Considering I started 156-158 and the last time I was consistently <150, I was getting ready to run a marathon. 

Carry on and good luck keepign those #'s off during the Holidays.  Lot's of things happening in December around here...some are streaking, some are piling on the miles and others are cutting weight.  Just don't do all that at once, now.

xhristopher

Ok, I weighed my fat self. 185. Six to go next month.

159.4 this morning, finally below 160 again.

#artbydmcbride

yeah....not as bad as it could have been    Roll eyes

Runners run

I'm back in! I've been rowing since the 23rd which means I have a way OTHER than starving myself to loose the weight. Not  sure when surgery will be so I'm  giving this a shot until then. I would like to reach 125 and I'm 129 right now      

Ughhhh! Off the list FOR SURE for the rest of 2012. I have a funny feeling I will be GAINING weight not loosing it. Sorry Mr. Finn!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Prince of Fatness

I'm back in!

I never took you off of the list so that was easy!

Not at it at all. 

C-R

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Slo

I haven't even been trying.

Stuck at 165 give or take a lb.

I'm back in!

Yay!  Glad to hear that you can at least resume some sort of activity until the surgery.

xhristopher

Ok, I weighed my fat self. 185. Six to go next month.

OK, I'm fatter than I thought. 187 this morning. Damn. This had better motivate me. 

Spring goals are going to be a lot easier if I can shed 15.

Prince of Fatness

I am having an unmentionable medical procedure done  (those over 50 years old will likely know what the schtupid thing is) on Monday afternoon  that calls for fasting all day Sunday through Monday morning.  So, yeah,  I bet that gets me back to where I was pre-TurkeyDay. 

Funny this comes up.  Just got back from a check up with the doctor.  I turn 50 next year so guess what I get to do.

Not at it at all. 

#artbydmcbride

Despite the suffering (and you will suffer)  that procedure actually doesn't result in lasting weight loss.

Runners run