3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

November / December 2012 Weight Loss Challenge (Read 1074 times)

Prince of Fatness

OK Candice, you're in.

Not at it at all. 

Because I need to get back to the weight I was at Boston this past year when I was in great shape but it was 95f and my race got screwed. I was 111lbs. I slacked off on training and nutrition after that. I just want to PR, it's been over 2 yrs now. I'm 115 right now so I've lost a couple lbs since Monkey. (I think I was 117-118 there)

Nevermind! I don't have to play. I was just going to try to motivate myself to continue to lay off the beer and train hard again. I guess i'm self motivated enough to do that though. I'll just join the race goal thread.

hey as long as you think it's the weight holding you back and not the training  just sayen.....

My 2cents is that those few lbs aren't going to make your PR!  BTW how tall are you if you don't mind me asking

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

hey as long as you think it's the weight holding you back and not the training  just sayen.....

My 2cents is that those few lbs aren't going to make your PR!  BTW how tall are you if you don't mind me asking

Yes, this.  The bolded stuff.

You really don't look like you need to loose any #'s.  

But then it is all an experiment of one and all that.

steph  

Well I didn't train at all really this year after Boston, just crap stuff, so you can't look at my log from then on and say that's what's holding me back. I trained really well for Boston then I got burnt out, and also busier than I ever have been. Burnt out because I trained hard for a day that ended up being 95f. I've had a really shitty running year since then, partly because I didn't care, the rest because I was busy. I haven't worked hard enough. Boston was a day when I felt like I was in great shape and ready to PR but couldn't even try. I shouldn't have run it and wasted my training, but I did.

Anyway, I don't think it's weight thats holding me back at all. But I think I need to eat better and drink less. And I know what I weighed when I felt I was in great shape, and that was 111. So i'll just train as hard again and that's probably what i'll end up weighing. I dunno. Everything is a factor, right?

I'm 5'6.

Anyway, I don't think it's weight thats holding me back at all. But I think I need to eat better and drink less. And I know what I weighed when I felt I was in great shape, and that was 111. So i'll just train as hard again and that's probably what i'll end up weighing. I dunno. Everything is a factor, right?

This makes sense.  I imagine it can become a fine line between ideal weight and being at a stage where your body doesn't cope well with the intensity of training combined with body weight...but you know 111 has worked for you, so experimenting with that again (or wherever your body takes you) is a good thing.   Yep, everything is a factor, and, as you push yourself further, the more minor tweaks can have the more major effects (in relative terms).  Different tweaks for different people too, I guess.   I know I'm talking out of my arse with this because I have no running experience, but it makes sense in my head).

Eating better is something I need to do, and I know I could do with being leaner (I'm 108 but am 5ft3), but at the moment eating better and training for something probably makes more sense than deliberately losing weight (as my shoddy diet and my lack of good training are bigger factors, for me, right now).  

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Absolutely not.

Well in that case... Starting weight 191.8 (11/29). Goal weight 184. MTA: is there a set day to weigh in each week ? I scanned through but didn't see it noted.
                Can I join in too? I was on track for 3600miles but got injured a few weeks ago and have gained some weight with the lack of running. I need to not gain anymore in the next month. Starting 135, goal 130 (might be ambitious but it's a pound a week). Thanks.

Well I didn't train at all really this year after Boston, just crap stuff, so you can't look at my log from then on and say that's what's holding me back. I trained really well for Boston then I got burnt out, and also busier than I ever have been. Burnt out because I trained hard for a day that ended up being 95f. I've had a really shitty running year since then, partly because I didn't care, the rest because I was busy. I haven't worked hard enough. Boston was a day when I felt like I was in great shape and ready to PR but couldn't even try. I shouldn't have run it and wasted my training, but I did.

I'm 5'6.

I think if you eat better drink less and train better all will fit into place. I bet if you do all that and still weight 115 you will kick ass .111 for 5"6 EVEN if you have a small frame is DAMN SMALL (I'm 5"6 and small frame and getting under 115 would make me uncomfortable, however I do carry a little more muscle. 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I think if you eat better drink less and train better all will fit into place. I bet if you do all that and still weight 115 you will kick ass .111 for 5"6 EVEN if you have a small frame is DAMN SMALL (I'm 5"6 and small frame and getting under 115 would make me uncomfortable, however I do carry a little more muscle. 

+1  

Really Candice,  you didn't look like you  had a scrap of fat on you!

steph  

Yea, you definitely hold a lot more muscle than I do.

I mean 111 was just a random number, just because that's what I happened to weigh after my last real training cycle when I got to the start line. Eating well, not drinking much, and running a lot. So if I don't weigh less than 115, fine. I just need to get back to focusing on training instead of what I did for Berlin this fall (completely unfocused crap training...)

xhristopher

Despite drinking a 12 pack of Henry Weinhard's IPA over the weekend, eating half a pizza in one sitting, and some running that made me hungry I kept it in check and dropped to 183.6. It's rare to loose wight from Friday to Monday so I'll take it. I can't take my eye of the ball.

Feeling the growl again

I have not been a conscious non-participant since my last weigh-in, I have just been traveling so much that I am never home for my designated Saturday morning weigh-in (or got off a plane which I KNOW means I will be skewed several lbs heavy from water retention).

That pattern continues this weekend.  So I have until the 15th to get my ass in gear and make a real dent in the weight (as I know I have not really lost or gained much, same old story).

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Seanv2

I'm way off on the regular weigh in, but I did weight myself this morning - 170. The problem now is staying at this weight. 

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Yes, go on vacation with husband.  Celebrate anniversary.

Run.  Drink beer.  Eat food.  Weight loss isn't going to happen this week.  

I can't run enough to counter act the food and drink.

But when we get home I really need to get on the Candice diet of eat healthy,

less beer and run more.  

steph  

C-R

178 yet again and I only had a couple of beers over the weekend. 

RuhRoh Raggy.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/