3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

March 2013 Racing Thread (Read 183 times)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

18:22, third place.

Holy FUCK!

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

kcam

Dammit ... mark me down for another March race.  It's not a key race and I'm doing it because a friend is driving down to run the 1/2 marathon.  Shotgun is open and I just called it!

3/24  Modesto M, HM & 5K   Modesto, CA  <18:00

lsp

Lump Off

Since I now know there is beer involved, I have a race tomorrow.  I'm just trying to practice my pacing which sucks.  I hope I don't forget to go.

3/16 Rocket Run 10m <=90:00

#artbydmcbride

must.remain.strong.and.not.race.this.weekend.    Black eye

Runners run

lsp

Lump Off

must.remain.strong.and.not.race.this.weekend.    Black eye

I've noticed you seem to race often.  Maybe if I race every weekend for the rest of the year I could catch up.  Oh hell no.

3/16 -- CliveF -- Leprechaun Loop 8k (evening race!) -- Davidson NC -- Goal = 32:15

Predicted weather at 6PM tomorrow in Davidson: 71*, with base wind at 20mph.  Son of a bitch.

If it truly sucks, I'm contemplating hobby-jogging it in, then racing a 5k SUN morning (predicted 48*, wind@6mph).

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

kcam

Big racing week in the HL.  5K, 8K, 10K, 12K, 1/2 Marathon - got just about every common road race distance covered!

#artbydmcbride

I've noticed you seem to race often.  Maybe if I race every weekend for the rest of the year I could catch up.  Oh hell no.

EVERYONE I know has asked me if I am running the Los Angeles marathon this weekend.   Next year I am running it just so I can make them stop.

Runners run

Walk-Jogger

Big racing week in the HL.  5K, 8K, 10K, 12K, 1/2 Marathon - got just about every common road race distance covered!

I'm supposed to be racing a 10K tomorrow, but my head is swimming and I don't feel like it. Spent yesterday afternoon curled up on the couch feeling like a mule kicked me in the gut, then had to stay up half the night to go fetch my woman at the airport 40 miles to the south, so I didn't get any sleep. Woke up this morning feeling like my brain had turned into a brick overnight. I'm a bit suspicious that it was the Welch's grape juice I had for lunch that did me in. Apparently grapes hate me in general, not just the kind with alcohol. Dammital. I finally said screw it later this morning and went out and did an 8 miler to blow out the cobwebs from my brain. Probably left a good chunk of tomorrow's 10K race out there today, with the pace I set. So if my brain is functioning somewhat normally tomorrow morning, I'll probably go run the damn race, but I won't be setting any PR's. I'll be lucky if I break 40:00. This particular race is always a time trial for me, since there usually isn't anyone else running the 10K at around my pace. There's a pansy-ass 5k race at the same time, and a lot of runners wimp out and run that. Maybe that will be my back-up strategy if I still feel like crap in the morning.

If it snows, I stay home, same as always!

Retired &  Loving It

xhristopher

pansy-ass 5k race 

Sometimes it seems one can get away with a lot in life and still run a good 5K so I vote you race the 5k but don't be a pansy about it. Run it hard like the last couple days didn't happen. Then run it again as a cool down.

Walk-Jogger

Sometimes it seems one can get away with a lot in life and still run a good 5K so I vote you race the 5k but don't be a pansy about it. Run it hard like the last couple days didn't happen. Then run it again as a cool down.

That's a good suggestion. It's too early in the morning right now for me to make any firm decisions, so I'm going to go through the motions and go to the race and then decide after I get there and warm up a bit which one to run.

Good luck to everyone else racing this weekend!

Retired &  Loving It

C-R

Drill the 5k. Just short enough to drop the hammer and long enough to help drive out the illness without potentially making it worse.

No race for me this weekend but I ran with some cows. So there's that.

I'm supposed to be racing a 10K tomorrow, but my head is swimming and I don't feel like it. Spent yesterday afternoon curled up on the couch feeling like a mule kicked me in the gut, then had to stay up half the night to go fetch my woman at the airport 40 miles to the south, so I didn't get any sleep. Woke up this morning feeling like my brain had turned into a brick overnight. I'm a bit suspicious that it was the Welch's grape juice I had for lunch that did me in. Apparently grapes hate me in general, not just the kind with alcohol. Dammital. I finally said screw it later this morning and went out and did an 8 miler to blow out the cobwebs from my brain. Probably left a good chunk of tomorrow's 10K race out there today, with the pace I set. So if my brain is functioning somewhat normally tomorrow morning, I'll probably go run the damn race, but I won't be setting any PR's. I'll be lucky if I break 40:00. This particular race is always a time trial for me, since there usually isn't anyone else running the 10K at around my pace. There's a pansy-ass 5k race at the same time, and a lot of runners wimp out and run that. Maybe that will be my back-up strategy if I still feel like crap in the morning.

If it snows, I stay home, same as always!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

lsp

Lump Off

Since I now know there is beer involved, I have a race tomorrow.  I'm just trying to practice my pacing which sucks.  I hope I don't forget to go.

Last night my husband came home for a business trip a midnight.  He turned on the light so he could find his pillows or organize them or something about pillows.  I woke up a few hours later sans pillow; he had stolen it!  I had to fully wake up so I could fuss him out for and bit and reclaim my stolen pillow.

Off to the race.  My plan was to try for something around 9 for the 1st 7 and then just sort of run after that.  It was a flat course but somehow managed to be slightly uphill the whole freaking way.  It was an Escher route.  I ran with this guy for a few miles.  He was so cool; 68 years old and obviously a longtime runner.  He was very helpful as we tried to maintain an even pace but how the heck could he talk?  I never talk when I run.  We stayed together to mile 7 and then I just faded...badly.  Maybe it was mental or maybe I just wasn't ready for that pace but I'm pretty sure it was the stupid pillows that messed up my race. I finished with 1:34: something.

Running sucks.  I'm going on a 10 mile run tomorrow.

lsp

Lump Off

Last night my husband came home for a business trip a midnight.  He turned on the light so he could find his pillows or organize them or something about pillows.  I woke up a few hours later sans pillow; he had stolen it!  I had to fully wake up so I could fuss him out for and bit and reclaim my stolen pillow.

Off to the race.  My plan was to try for something around 9 for the 1st 7 and then just sort of run after that.  It was a flat course but somehow managed to be slightly uphill the whole freaking way.  It was an Escher route.  I ran with this guy for a few miles.  He was so cool; 68 years old and obviously a longtime runner.  He was very helpful as we tried to maintain an even pace but how the heck could he talk?  I never talk when I run.  We stayed together to mile 7 and then I just faded...badly.  Maybe it was mental or maybe I just wasn't ready for that pace but I'm pretty sure it was the stupid pillows that messed up my race. I finished with 1:34: something.

Running sucks.  I'm going on a 10 mile run tomorrow.

bhearn

3/23  -- bhearn -- Dizzy Days 12-hour -- Seattle, WA -- goal: 70 miles