3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

May Race Thread (Read 782 times)

Get In Gear 10k this Sat.

< 40 mins

I should be able to, I think. I dunno.

Ummm, Candice...this Sat is still April.  I hope your still not running this race into May.  Wink

(I'm sure A1 will figure out where this goes.  And yes, I'm sure you'll be able to.  Weather conditions are more to your liking for racing this weekend than a week ago.)

Ooops...my bad.

Yea, weather sould be good...I dunno if a hot marathon run really slow + a week off + minimal running this week = fast 10k?

Maybe. I'm not tired, at least.

MTA: I do have a 5k in May. Brian Kraft 5k goal < 19. Um. Yea.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

You had best be healthy for the beer mile. That's all I'm sayin.

I'll be there even if I have to walk it. And probably still beat last years time.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

FTFY.

Yup, it will be when I am done with it.

And yeah, I heard that one about 10K times when I was growing up there Wink   After all, I was a bad Hass, from Bad A$$, you know....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Lebanon, TN - Cedars of Lebanon Sprint Triathlon (200m swim/10 mi bike/2 mi run) - goal <48 min; win AG

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

mgerwn

5/6 - Philly Broad Street 10 miler, Philadelphia, PA - Goal? Hellifiknow, given the lack of running.  If I can manage sub 10s the whole way I'll be happy.  So let's be crazy and say 1:35.

5/13 - Mother's Day 5K, Milford, CT.  Sub 25 mins (normally that would be a sandbag goal, but I'll be coming off a total of 24 miles of a Ragnar Relay on Friday and Saturday).

5/27 - Lenox Memorial Day Half Marathon, Lenox, MA - Goal - at this point sub 2 hours, but we'll see how the month goes.  I may lower that if I manage to keep kicking my ass out the door.

Slo

May 5th Dutch Days 5k.  20:15

May 6 - Great Western Half, Goal: <1:17

WTF am I doing?  The DW signed up for this a while ago but she hurt her back a couple of months ago and is still out of commission.  We had someone lined up to take her bib buy they backed out yesterday.  She asked me if I was to "jog" it.  Heh.  With a comment like that I couldn't resist the temptation.  Nothing like deciding within 3 days that you're going to try to "race" a half.  I'm obviously not going to wear the timing chip.  Should be interesting.

Feeling the growl again

WTF am I doing?  The DW signed up for this a while ago but she hurt her back a couple of months ago and is still out of commission.  We had someone lined up to take her bib buy they backed out yesterday.  She asked me if I was to "jog" it.  Heh.  With a comment like that I couldn't resist the temptation.  Nothing like deciding within 3 days that you're going to try to "race" a half.  I'm obviously not going to wear the timing chip.  Should be interesting.

Awesome.  Love it.  Nail it.  Sometimes the no-pressure, don't expect much opportunities are the best.

Conversation in a team meeting with a coworker today....a former D-I All-American wrestler:

Him:  "Was it hot out there?  I saw you headed out for a jog at lunch."  (Fucking asshole, had to invoke the "j" word)

Me:  "Run.  I don't jog."

Him:  "Huh?"

Me.  "Did you choreograph your matches?  Did you fake your way through it like WWE, or did you bust your ass?"

Him:  "Damn right I busted my ass!"

Me:  "Exactly.  Don't ever use the word 'jog' with me again.  Got it?"

Him:  "Ah.  I get it.  Got it."

The interesting part about all of this is that, in November, they will be opening a 1/5 mile track at work (I know it is an odd distance, but that is what they could fit in the space, a 400m track would not fit).  It is literally in the middle of the campus, with windows from multiple buildings facing that track.  Damned straight I am going to use it for speed workouts.  I expect an end to these jogging references.

MTA:  I hope DW's back is healing.  I've messed mine up a couple times in the past year and it's no picnic.  Getting old sucks.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Forgot I have one before this one. 

5/5 - Nashville, TN - Cinco de Mayo 5k - goal < 23 (I'll be doing about 40 miles on the bike before the race.)

Also, the date for the Cedars of Lebanon Tri is 5/19.

Lebanon, TN - Cedars of Lebanon Sprint Triathlon (200m swim/10 mi bike/2 mi run) - goal <48 min; win AG

A Saucy Wench

Well its a good thing I didnt put my race down.   4 minute positive split on a 10K.  Left hamstring popped again.  Not bad, I dont think I'll need to take time off for it but might not be able to run hard. 

MTA  - heh spaniel.  Every time my friend and I run from the gym and get back to the gym the desk person asks us how our walk was. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

an amazing likeness

Since it was sponsored by the brewpub I frequent on Saturday evenings, I ran my first-ever 5K yesterday...couldn't resist the hook of 5K at 5PM on 5/5. This is not my "natural" distance. (couch is actually my natural distance)

Ok, what is it with people taking gels during a 5K? Shrug. Their mile is just as long as everyone else's mile.

22:13 for 14th OA and 3rd in age group.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Ostrich runner

I can't call what I've done the last few days anything other than jogging, but it certainly was still busting my ass. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

No one showed up to run today.  Ended up stepping off the course with about 200m to go as I would have been the winner had I been "official".  I kept running easy way off to the side until I hit 13.1.  Didn't hit goal (1:18:21) but I let up quite a bit the last 4 miles or so.  Had about a 90sec-2 min lead at the turnaround.  Ended up being a solo run for all but the first 4 miles of it.  Got the attention of the lead bike guy with 4 miles to go and told him I wasn't official and didn't have a chip.  He then dropped back to get the next guy who ended up finishing a couple of minutes back as the overall winner.  Took the singlet with the # off with a mile to go and let up like I was on a regular run as I approached the finish.  Kinda sucks I didn't get to call it an official win.

Feeling the growl again

No one showed up to run today.  Ended up stepping off the course with about 200m to go as I would have been the winner had I been "official".  I kept running easy way off to the side until I hit 13.1.  Didn't hit goal (1:18:21) but I let up quite a bit the last 4 miles or so.  Had about a 90sec-2 min lead at the turnaround.  Ended up being a solo run for all but the first 4 miles of it.  Got the attention of the lead bike guy with 4 miles to go and told him I wasn't official and didn't have a chip.  He then dropped back to get the next guy who ended up finishing a couple of minutes back as the overall winner.  Took the singlet with the # off with a mile to go and let up like I was on a regular run as I approached the finish.  Kinda sucks I didn't get to call it an official win.

And if you'd been official 3 1:12 guys would have shown up....

Good rust buster though, right?