3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

You might be onto something... (Read 525 times)

Feeling the growl again

I ordered 3 bottles of S-Caps.  I have been using them religiously for the past week or so, I take one cap for every 30min I will be running (rounding up to the nearest cap) before I go out on the run each day I've run.  

I'm going to jinx myself, but damn if I don't think I feel the difference.  Today I did 10 miles, 85 degrees or so, I actually felt pretty good by the end and could have turned it into a fast finish run if I'd wanted to.  Now, I didn't run the past two days, but lately any run at 80 degrees plus would be a shitty experience regardless of how many days off.  I'm starting to believe this is going to make a real difference.  We'll see how the next week goes, it's supposed to be in the 90s.

I'm still a little floored by the price...maybe I should have claimed the charge as fraud considering I have to file paperwork on half the charges on that credit card over the past 2 weeks...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Hawt and sexy

Scaps are the bestest ever. And they are the cheap too. Look up the price on Endourlytes someday. That shit is highway robbery.

I'm touching your pants.

Prince of Fatness

Spaniel, could you please describe the difference that you are feeling in more detail?  I run in the afternoon on weekdays, so when it is 90 degrees out I am out there slogging away.  I am wondering if these would help me.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Spaniel, could you please describe the difference that you are feeling in more detail?  I run in the afternoon on weekdays, so when it is 90 degrees out I am out there slogging away.  I am wondering if these would help me.

Before it was a real struggle to run even at slow pace.  If I pushed it at all I would start feeling woozy and sick.  Yesterday I was maintaining decent easy pace (6:50ish) and just did not feel I was overheating so bad.  Sometimes on a day like that when I pass the house 8 miles in I just cut the run short and bag it, but I had no issue finishing out 10.

It will be hotter in coming days.  We shall see.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

Hmmm.  I may have to give them a try.  Where do you get them, online?

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I used DB's link, he copied it again on the Ultra Nutrition thread.  My computer has decided to be bitchy and not paste today or I'd move it here for you.

L Train

I have been using them too, and feel loike they have made a difference for me in the heat (though that hasn't been put to a real 95 degree test yet).  Pretty sure I got them through Running Warehouse last fall. 

Prince of Fatness

I found the link.  Looks like it is direct from the manufacturer, Succeed....

http://www.succeedscaps.com/main_scaps.html

I'll have to order myself some.  Thanks.

Not at it at all. 

I ordered 3 bottles of S-Caps.  I have been using them religiously for the past week or so, I take one cap for every 30min I will be running (rounding up to the nearest cap) before I go out on the run each day I've run.  

I'm going to jinx myself, but damn if I don't think I feel the difference.  Today I did 10 miles, 85 degrees or so, I actually felt pretty good by the end and could have turned it into a fast finish run if I'd wanted to.  Now, I didn't run the past two days, but lately any run at 80 degrees plus would be a shitty experience regardless of how many days off.  I'm starting to believe this is going to make a real difference.  We'll see how the next week goes, it's supposed to be in the 90s.

I'm still a little floored by the price...maybe I should have claimed the charge as fraud considering I have to file paperwork on half the charges on that credit card over the past 2 weeks...

Beforehand, eh? I thought the idea was to pop it every half hour while on the run.  Same difference, I'm sure. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Feeling the growl again

Beforehand, eh? I thought the idea was to pop it every half hour while on the run.  Same difference, I'm sure. 

Well, then I would have to carry them and water.  Since I am running for 60-90min and not an ultra I think it's fine.  If I were running for 2 hours or more I think your way would be better.

DoppleBock

POD 

I really do not know.  I do think you are OK taking 3 or 4 beforehand - But when I run 7 hours, I would not take 14 before.  When I take a lot on a really long run - I find if I do not drink a gallon of h20 afterward, I have actually accumulated salt in my system and the next day I am bloated and fat ... well fatter.  On tuesday evening after Mondays really long run, my feet were big sausages.  Once I drank enough h20 wednesday they were back to normal.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

+1

Well, then I would have to carry them and water.  Since I am running for 60-90min and not an ultra I think it's fine.  If I were running for 2 hours or more I think your way would be better.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Last summer I started taking  Thermotabs.  I could tell a big difference because I was running in the heat quite a bit.  No really long runs, but I remember a 2 mile run/ 20 mile bike/ 2 mile run brick getting ready for a duathlon and it was 100 deg.  One of my neighbors was outside and told me I was crazy.... I agreed, but when you're training for an August race in Tennessee, you just about have to train in the heat.

The label says it has the following:

Chloride (as sodium and potassium chloride)   287 mg

Sodium (as sodium chloride)   180 mg

Potassium (as potassium chloride)  15 mg

S-caps may have more ingredients, but the Thermotabs work pretty well for me.

CORRECTION: I looked at my log and it was 3 mile/18 mile/ 2.6 mile, and it was 99 deg, not 100.

Also I saw that I called the Thermotabs Endurolytes in my log, but I didn't take endurolytes, they were Thermotabs.

Feeling the growl again

Well, today felt like shit.  Cut it after 4 miles.  We'll see what tomorrow brings....very hot and humid.

Well, today felt like shit.  Cut it after 4 miles.  We'll see what tomorrow brings....very hot and humid.

Mine too.  Hot, humid, and I'm pretty sure the gravity index was high.