3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

June Racing Thread (Read 816 times)

June 15-16 -- Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay (Logan, UT to Park City, UT) -- goal: average < 6:00 minute/mile for all 3 legs

Not sure what my relay legs will be, but I'm gonna hope for some shorter ones. will update when i have relevant info.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive    6/2   Rail Trail To Foot Bridge 5k  Granville, NY    <24    Or - not make fool of self in husband's

home town.

6/23 Bad Marsh Night Ultra 50k      Beaufort, SC   <7    

Rail Trail to Foot Bridge: 24:15.  And no foolish stuff -- at least while racing.  

1st AG.   Maple syrup!

Very nicely done race.

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

6/2 -- DINO 15K Trail Run -- Brown County State Park, IN

Great morning for a run. Weather was nice and course was challenging, but a fantastic place to run. Finished in 1:38:58. Pretty happy with that.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Rail Trail to Foot Bridge: 24:15.  And no foolish stuff -- at least while racing.  

1st AG.   Maple syrup!

Very nicely done race.

Nice job Steph!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Great job Stephanie and Richard!

I'm doing an impromptu 5k tomorrow as a fitness test. I've got a 17 mile long run on schedule for tomorrow but I'd like to see where my fitness is as of now. My goal will be sub 23:30. It's not a road 5k so not sure what it will be like

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Great morning for a run. Weather was nice and course was challenging, but a fantastic place to run. Finished in 1:38:58. Pretty happy with that.

Good going Richard.   And glad that you had good weather too.

steph  

Nice going TO and Richard. TO, looks like you got yourself a PR. Smile

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

an amazing likeness

Iron Horse Half Marathon

June 3

Simsbury, CT

goal: 1:38:59 (PR) 

Nope. Ran a 1:40:12 (+/-).  Felt great through 8, and started to have to decide what to do at 9.5...through 10mi within a second or two over my 10mi PR, but then had to make the call to deliberately back it down to make it to the finish. Climbing temps and an injured leg that started cramping did me in.

Other than the f-ed up left ankle, a good day. Good race, well organized. Recommended.

(2012 Completed Half Marathon Races Location Map)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CliveF

08JUN2012

Main Street Challenge 5k

China Grove NC

Goal = 19:30

Dunno if I have that time in me, but there's only one way to find out.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

I raced the Out Run the Sun 5 miler in Indianapolis on Saturday evening.

Goal was to try and get near 31 flat.  I ended up running 29:56 and taking 3OA.  My fitness is better than I expected.  The cooler temps didn't hurt either.

C-R

I raced the Out Run the Sun 5 miler in Indianapolis on Saturday evening.

Goal was to try and get near 31 flat.  I ended up running 29:56 and taking 3OA.  My fitness is better than I expected.  The cooler temps didn't hurt either.

Nice. I do however have to call party foul as this was a post race posting and so not eligible for the imaginary beer of the month. However, said beer of the month will be actually given at the Spaniel Farms Beer Mile. So there's that.

And in that honor, I am running an 8k tonight. Just saw it and since its on my usual XC course and only 1 mile from the house and no soccer this evening, I really don't have an excuse.

C-R - National Day of Running 8k, Carmel IN, 6/6 Goal - sub 40 (FFS I've never run one so I haven't a clue)

Oh and I hope you managed to shake the hand of a vet in honor of D-Day anniversary.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

C-R - National Day of Running 8k, Carmel IN, 6/6 Goal - sub 40 (FFS I've never run one so I haven't a clue)

36:30 and 2AG. Probably 15OA but who knows.

Good run and passed back the >50 AG winner in the last 200. Heh. Not going to get geezered.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ostrich runner

I think the geezer you passed was one of my friends. I'll talk shit to him for you.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

CliveF

08JUN2012

Main Street Challenge 5k

China Grove NC

Goal = 19:30

Dunno if I have that time in me, but there's only one way to find out.

19:31 official results (guntime only; 19:29 net).

Screwed up in the 2nd km, probably cost myself a 19:20-low.  But a PR, baby!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

19:31 official results (guntime only; 19:29 net).

Screwed up in the 2nd km, probably cost myself a 19:20-low.  But a PR, baby!

Awesome!  Go with the net time...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills