3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Crap (Read 599 times)

Just realized that with the miles i have now and what I have planned for the rest of the month, IF all goes well I'll have my first 400 mile month. Not sure what to think about that other than I"M AN IDIOT. Part of me is thinking hmmmmm I should really delete some of the runs I have planned however I'm VERY stubborn. At least now I know why I'm freaken starving!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Just realized that with the miles i have now and what I have planned for the rest of the month, IF all goes well I'll have my first 400 mile month.

So this is the January spectacle!

Cool

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

So this is the January spectacle!

Cool

Well, I told you it WAS NOT going to be me.

Go Rocken!!!!!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

That's about what I said when I saw the pace you're on....and no, it wasn't the idiot part.  You were a top the leaderboard at the end of last week in mileage.  I thought I was doing pretty good of using you and Tea as pacers but you guys are blowing me out of the water now.  Way to go!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Yea Rocken!  You're sure goin' to town!

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Damn. I'm not getting into a mileage throwdown with Rocken and Tea. They'd kick my ass. Big grin

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

It's a good January spectacle and some impressive running Rocken!  I don't think you're an idiot, just dedicated and resilient.  I hope it all keeps going this well, you certainly deserve it.

I'm with ra, getting into a throwdown with Rocken and Tea is something that would end in tears (well tears for me at least).  I do think that in the next round of December silliness (unless there is some other month that requires it) that ra will be hitting the crazy mileage heights of the likes of rocken.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

It's a good January spectacle and some impressive running Rocken!  I don't think you're an idiot, just dedicated and resilient.  I hope it all keeps going this well, you certainly deserve it.

I'm with ra, getting into a throwdown with Rocken and Tea is something that would end in tears (well tears for me at least).  I do think that in the next round of December silliness (unless there is some other month that requires it) that ra will be hitting the crazy mileage heights of the likes of rocken.

Oh no.  I'm not going to be getting any where near Rocken!  

My numbers are on the way down.

steph  

My numbers are on the way down.

That's where I'm at.  Weather has taken a turn for the worse and my key running route over lunch is not good once there is snow on the ground.  I'm looking to just keep things consistent on single runs for a while.  I'll consider it a bonus if I can get two in a day.

Prince of Fatness

Nice running Pam.  I say if you're feeling good keep it rolling.  So far we've had some decent running whether this winter season, so we have to get out there and take advantage of it.

Not at it at all. 

Nice running Pam.  I say if you're feeling good keep it rolling.  So far we've had some decent running whether this winter season, so we have to get out there and take advantage of it.

I think that's the key thing. The weather has been so runable (well except the windy and freezing cold lol) that I'm getting what I can in before the real winter hits.  Thanks!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

That's about what I said when I saw the pace you're on....and no, it wasn't the idiot part.  You were a top the leaderboard at the end of last week in mileage.  I thought I was doing pretty good of using you and Tea as pacers but you guys are blowing me out of the water now.  Way to go!

Thanks! 

You are just being smart and sensible, unlike me 

Well, I told you it WAS NOT going to be me.

Go Rocken!!!!!

only because you have a cute little new baby boy, speaking of we need updated pictures!

Thanks

Thanks Sarah! You're getting some nice running in as well!

Well crap. Looks like running 16 miles in the snow in my Brooks Pureconnect was more stupid than I thought it was at the time. My calf has not been happy since. I can run easy and short but I'm afraid to push pace or distance. Ughhhhh wonder how long this will take to heal? Any idea's? Nadar?????