3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

13 stitches (Read 542 times)

DoppleBock

Sunday - Picked up cheese curds @ favorite cheese factory - They had some sheet metal just above eye level, but below head level and I sliced the noggin pretty good.  Trip to ER and 13 stiches.  Doc told me not to run for a week - stupid Doc, my family Doc told me I could have run the next day. 

ER Doc joke

What can a duck do

A Goose almost do

and a doctor should always do

Stick his bill up his ass.

I did not laugh ... he said I would find it funny in a couple of weeks (When I got the bill)

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Gah! 

I hope you at least get to enjoy that cheese.  

Poor sheet metal. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Ouch.  That's a pretty good price to pay for cheese.

I thought the joke was funny, but thought it was even funnier that you didn't laugh. 

It would be even funnier if you'd said to him, "YOUR LANGUAGE IS OFFENSIVE!" like the guy in Hangover.

Sunday - Picked up cheese curds

No whey!

Be glad you aren't a little taller, or you'd also be a little more cycloptic!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

Sunday - Picked up cheese curds @ favorite cheese factory -

Ha, things done only in Wisconsin.  I miss having friends bringing stuff back from Wisconsin.  If I follow through with this job interview I may not need them though.

Glad you are ok...not run for a week...dumbass....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

Where in WI? 

Ha, things done only in Wisconsin.  I miss having friends bringing stuff back from Wisconsin.  If I follow through with this job interview I may not need them though.

Glad you are ok...not run for a week...dumbass....

Feeling the growl again

Where in WI? 

If I took it...which I likely won't, I don't even for sure have the interview yet...the job would be in northern IL but just out of principle I'd have to live in WI.  So far southeastern.

But I am not a big city person and having lived in Deerfield, IL for a summer I think I would be very unhappy.  And I love where I live.  I doubt they could make the financial equation sweet enough to make me pull the trigger but it's an interesting enough position to entertain it.

If I had to deal with Chicago traffic I think they would need 13 restraint straps to get me to the loony bin.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

DoppleBock

Quality of life is much more important than $$$

Yikes!!! Where are the pictures? Smile

Heal up!

~Sara
                    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

obsessor

You don't run with your head. What is rational behind a "no running" order?

DoppleBock

I got the clerance from my family doc to run yesterday - I drank Vodka instead

The idea was if it is not sealed up - The sweat will pull stuff into the wound.  2 things about head wounds:  1)  Because there is so much blood in your noggin - it fights infection like a mo-fo up there.  2)  If you get an infection in your brain you screwed.  So, I think the ER Doc was being ultra conservative.

You don't run with your head. What is rational behind a "no running" order?

Feeling the growl again

I got the clerance from my family doc to run yesterday - I drank Vodka instead

The idea was if it is not sealed up - The sweat will pull stuff into the wound.  2 things about head wounds:  1)  Because there is so much blood in your noggin - it fights infection like a mo-fo up there.  2)  If you get an infection in your brain you screwed.  So, I think the ER Doc was being ultra conservative.

Well, there's a bit of a barrier between the skin on the forehead and the brain.  Especially in someone as hard-headed an ultra runner. Wink

Now, drinking the vodka instead of running may in fact have been counter-productive.  Well, on second thought, perhaps that was a good way of sterilizing the wound from the inside out...

What if you just wear a swim cap while you run?

~Sara
                            It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

DoppleBock

Maybe if I just wore a helmet all the time - I would be fine

Weight 7/2 = 214

Weight 7/8 = 227 (After actually running this AM - 1st time post stupidity)

Drinks in the last 6 days = 42

Days until Leadville = 43

I think I need to change my wild ways - But it is already to late ...

Days until NorthCoast 24 = 71

I thought the only swim cap DB knows about is what goes over the beer.  I think they're called koozies.