3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

March Racing Thread (Read 991 times)

Feeling the growl again

Second verse, same as the first...

Result:

bambi-- 3/?? -- GVSU Icebreaker -- win mile                                                                         4:33

C-R -- 3/5 -- Indy Mini Training Series 10K -- sub-40                                                            DNS

kencamet -- 3/5 -- Norcal 10-miler -- 1:02:30, spank the course like a rented mule       1:04:08

spaniel -- 3/5 --Indy Mini Training Series 10K - sub-33                                                         33:37

TonyP -- 3/5 -- Manchester St. Pat's Day 10K -- sub-47                                                        47:12

Diamond J -- Irish Rover 5K Portland ME -- 16:15

Happyfeet -- 3/8 -- Corporate Cup Challenge HM - 1:50                                                     1:51:57

MandyS -- 3/8 -- Wellington 10K -- sub-42                                                                               41:39; 71sec PR

C-R -- 3/12 -- Tom King Classic HM Nashville TN -- sub-1:25                                            1:32:30

spaniel -- 3/12 -- Tom King Classic HM Nashville TN -- sub-1:12                                      1:15:12

Amores Perros -- 3/13 -- LPR Marathon -- 3:15 and PR

Diamond J -- 3/19 -- St. Pat's 10K Holyoke MA -- sub-34 or 34:53

rockenmamof5 -- 3/19 -- NJ Ultra Festival 50-miler -- sub-10

Burnt Toast -- 3/19 -- Get Lucky 7K -- A 31:00, B 32:30                                                        32:12

smalcolm -- 3/19 -- Chuckanut (heh) 50K                                                                           5:42:00

kencamet -- 3/20 -- Across the Bay 12K -- 45:59

jpdeaux -- 3/20 -- New Bedford HM -- sub-1:30                                                                   1:29:44

MandyS - 3/22 - Wellington Waterfront 5K - sub-20

C-R -- 3/26 -- Sam Costa HM INdy -- New PR                                                                             DNS

spaniel -- 3/26 -- Sam Costa HM Indy -- 1 OA (training run)                                                     DNS

bambi -- track meet, 800/mile/2mile -- win all 3                                                             NA/2nd, 4:42/2nd, 10:20 1st

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

HappyFeet, Corporate Cup Charlotte, March 8, Half Marathon, goal 1:50

March 19th New Jersey Ultra Festival 50 mile (may actually do 100k but am signed up for the 50 That is if I'm allowed to) Goal for 50 miler is sub 10 hour. I'd be super happy with 9:30-9:45

MTA: add Goal

MTAA: Due to injury (damn idiot driver who hit me and damn me for thinking I had to be invincible and that there could be no repercussion from getting hit) to the  Cervical/Thorasic areas of the spine  I no longer have a time goal. Won't know the damage for a couple weeks at least (doc appointment on 24th which I'm sure they will be wanting a currant MRI done). I am just hoping to be able to run. Still may ask to change to the 100k if I think I'm capable. I've completely stopped any type of activity and hopefully doing that for a week or two and add physical therapy I'll still be able to run at the Ultra Festival

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

3/13 mara, would like to PR, so 3:15 I think

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Feeling the growl again

3/13 mara, would like to PR, so 3:15 I think

If you don't tell us which one, the only prize you get is a swift kick in the junk....

Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I don't need a kick in the junk, I'm racing a mara, which is plenty of pain already. But if you want a name, it's LPRM.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

8 March - Wellington 10k.  Goal.  Hmmm.  I don't do a lot of 10ks.  Sub 42 might be nice?

jpdeaux

jpdeaux -- 03/20 -- New Bedford Half Marathon, New Bedford, MA -- sub 1:30

L Train

jpdeaux -- 03/20 -- New Bedford Half Marathon, New Bedford, MA -- sub 1:30

nice.

C-R

3/12 - Tom King HM sub 1:25

3/26 Sam Costa HM new PR Not happening - too much kids soccer, rugby, etc.

Maybe - 3/5 Indy Mini 10k - depends on what the boss allows 

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

RunningAhead's Steepler

Grand Valley Ice Breaker indoor meet. Goal, Win the mile.

Pr's 400: 51.5 800: 1:59 1600: 4:27 3200: 9:48 5k: 16:06 10k :36:12 HM: 1:24 Marathon: Coming in 2015-2020

March 19th

Get Lucky 7k

Minneapolis MN

"A" goal = Sub 31:00

"B" goal = Sub 32:30

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

On On

March 19th New Jersey Ultra Festival 50 mile (may actually do 100k but am signed up for the 50 That is if I'm allowed to) Goal for 50 miler is sub 10 hour. I'd be super happy with 9:30-9:45

All you have to do is ask.

MTAA: Due to injury (damn idiot driver who hit me and damn me for thinking I had to be invincible and that there could be no repercussion from getting hit) to the  Cervical/Thorasic areas of the spine  I no longer have a time goal. Won't know the damage for a couple weeks at least (doc appointment on 24th which I'm sure they will be wanting a currant MRI done). I am just hoping to be able to run. Still may ask to change to the 100k if I think I'm capable. I've completely stopped any type of activity and hopefully doing that for a week or two and add physical therapy I'll still be able to run at the Ultra Festival

Pam that's no good! It seemed like the accident wasn't too much of a set-back.

~Sara
                              It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Darnit. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus