3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

November Racing Thread (Read 716 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

OK you turkeys, go get it!

NameDateDistanceRaceLocationGoalResult
     WhoDatRunner   11/3   13.1  Monumental Half Marathon  Indianapolis, IN   <2:00  1:56:26
     C-R  11/3   26.2 13.1  Monumental Half Marathon  Indianapolis, IN   <4:00 2:00  1:56:26
     CliveF  11/10   26.2  Anthem Richmond Marathon   Richmond, VA  3:15  3:18:38 (20 min PR!)
     TeaOlive  11/10   13.1  Soldier Half Marathon   Columbus, GA   Finish  2:01
     C-R  11/10   5K  USATF Indiana Masters XC Championships    Carmel, IN   <25:00  22:47
     WhoDatRunner  11/10   15K  DINO Trail Series    Spencer, IN   Enjoy the scenery  1:49:39 
     Flatfooter  11/11   10 miles  Northwest Trail Run   Crystal Lake, IL   <1:07 or Top 3  1:08:40 4OA
     TeaOlive  11/18   26.2  HHFMM  Nashville, TN   3:45 4:15  4:14:10
     Slo_Hand  11/18   26.2  HHFMM  Nashville, TN   3:45(ish)  3:48:36
     C-R  11/18   26.2  HHFMM  Nashville, TN   <4:00  DNS
     DoppleBock  11/18   26.2  HHFMM  Nashville, TN   <3:00 (<195lbs)   3:13:17
     CliveF  11/18   N/A  HHFMM  Nashville, TN   VOLUNTEER, meet RA'ers, drink beer   DNV Sad
     WhoDatRunner   11/18   N/A  HHFMM  Nashville, TN   VOLUNTEER, meet RA'ers, drink beer  WooHoo!
     Greg C   11/22  5K  Free Fall 5K  Rochester, NH   18:59  DNS?
     Seanv2   11/22  4.78 miles  Manchester Road Race  Manchester, CT  48:00  48:10
     C-R   11/22  3.3 miles  Bolt for the Heart  Carmel, IN  <21:00  22:48
     CliveF   11/22  5K  Strong, Focused & Soon To Be Stuffed 5k   Huntersville, NC  Top 5OA  WIN! 19:48
     Gville Kevin   11/24  5K  Run Santa Run 5K  New Milford, CT   17:30  17:33, 2OA, PR, Smiling Cub Scout!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive    11/18      26.2        HHFMM    Nashville, TN      3:45    4:15  Confused

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Guess I'll give this another go.

11/3 - Monumental Half Marathon, Indianapolis, IN : <2:00:00

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Slo

Nov 18th  Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey     3:45ish

CliveF 11/10 26.2 Anthem Richmond Marathon Richmond VA 3:15  

Go big or go crash-n-burn.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

obsessor

proper attitude defined. /\

Feeling the growl again

Nice.  Kill it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

Guess I'll give this another go.

11/3 - Monumental Half Marathon, Indianapolis, IN : <2:00:00

Sandbagger.  

Wink

I say <1:58.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ostrich runner

Monumental is a fast course. Pay attention to the wind. If it's headed southerly at the end, you can blow out your legs to get you to 10mile, and then ride the gradual decline down Meridian and the wind to the finish. If the wind is headed north up Meridian like it was a few years ago, and you're hoping for the first situation, it can lead to a spectacular flameout. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

1:58 is a possibility. I plan to start with the goal of a 9:10 pace, but if I feel good I may try to speed it up to a 9:00 pace. I want to try and be a little more conservative in the beginning this time. I seem to do better when I start off slower and speed up. The Monumental course should be easier than the Hendricks County course, so that will help.

C-R

Monumental Full Half - Nov 6  Who the F*&^% knows. Right now in my condition I'll take anything sub 4. Damn. Ummm. I'll still take the sub 4 but I think I will run with WhoDat and help pace.

Monkey - see above.

I can't believe I've let myself go like this. Holy shit.

MTA - I just checked my registration for Monumental and I wasn't as stoopid as I thought and only registeerd for the half.  Heh.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Monumental Full - Nov 6  

You might want to show up on the 3rd rather than the 6th. Wink

DoppleBock

HHFMM < 3 hours

10/14 = 215# - I cannot break 3 > 205#.  It would be a hell of a lot easier < 195

So its not really about the training as much as the weight loss.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

TeaOlive    11/18      26.2        HHFMM    Nashville, TN      3:45    

Nice aggressive goal, relative to what you have done at your recent marathon, not what you can do (for me monkey is at least 20-30 min slower than a normal marathon, but I am a very poor hill runner).  

Ostrich runner

1:58 is a possibility. I plan to start with the goal of a 9:10 pace, but if I feel good I may try to speed it up to a 9:00 pace. I want to try and be a little more conservative in the beginning this time. I seem to do better when I start off slower and speed up. The Monumental course should be easier than the Hendricks County course, so that will help.

My fastest half was doing just that at Monumental. It's crowded enough at the start that it really doesn't make any sense to burn your legs up at all. By mile 3, it'll thin significantly. Assuming good weather, the course should be about as fast as a course can be. The last time I ran it, there were pace groups for the full, but not the half. IIRC, the full breaks off at about mile 9. If you think you have the legs and the weather is decent, this is the course to shoot for a PR. I say, start slow as you said, then ease faster by a few seconds where it is comfortable. If you can catch the 3:50 marathon group (1:55 half) by mile 9, blast out the end to see if you can get that 1:52 this year. Or blow up on the side of the road.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum