3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

November Racing Thread (Read 716 times)

C-R

WTG Clive!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

3:18:38.  Kind of in between big and crash-n-burn, I guess.  PR by 20min!

When it's a 20min PR, it hardly matters how you got there.  Outstanding!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Very nice Clive! A 20 min PR is Awesome!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Nice job on your HM Steph!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Flatfooter    11/11      10 miles        Northwest trail run    Crystal Lake,IL      <1:07 or top 3.

This may sound strange, but it is my first trail run that is less than a 50K.  So time goal is a little bit of a swag, but after running some of the course yesterday, it is definitely hilly single track with some technical features.  So I'm basically putting in my 10 mile PR + 25 seconds/mile.  This may still be aggressive but we will see.

Wow that was hard.  Failed both goals, but gave 100% effort.   These short hilly technical races are hard to pace.  The course and the competition were a lot tougher than I expected.  Came in with 4th overall and a time of 1:08:40.  The winner in 1:04 something ran a 2:36 marathon a month or so ago.  

I'm reasonably sure a 20 minute PR still counts as big. Real big.

Wow, way to go Clive!

So I wasn't particularly planning to race anymore this year, but...

Free Fall 5k

Rochester, N.H.

11/22

18:59

Didn't post it but I snuck off last weekend and finally PRed at 5k after over 2 years. 19:19 with VERY uneven pacing and execution. I think I can milk my marathon training for a little more before the snow flies. Worth a shot, anyway.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Wow that was hard.  Failed both goals, but gave 100% effort.   These short hilly technical races are hard to pace.  The course and the competition were a lot tougher than I expected.  Came in with 4th overall and a time of 1:08:40.  The winner in 1:04 something ran a 2:36 marathon a month or so ago.  

Nice run Mike. I read your notes and it sounded pretty tough. Sometimes you just don't know what to expect from a trail run on a course you haven't run before.

More than once I've run one and after the first lap I've thought "Crap. I have to run that again?" I may stick to 5K trail runs for a while. At least with those it's usually one lap and done. Wink

3:18:38.  Kind of in between big and crash-n-burn, I guess.  PR by 20min!

Clive, there was no crash-n-burn.  If there was, you would have been 20 minutes on the other side of the PR.  Nice running this weekend.  You certainly worked for it and deserve the 20 min PR.  Congrats!

Congrats as well to TeaOlive, C-R, WhoDat and Greg!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

Lots of Nashville travels this weekend....good luck to all of you braving the hoardes of viscious, blood-thirsty monkeys.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Run Santa Run 5k

New Milford, CT

11/24

17:30

I thought I was done racing this year too, but I put 17:30 as a goal back in January, and by Fuck that IS going down this year. (plus my kid's cub scout den is manning the water station, so I'm driving there anyway).

I've run 17:46, 17:42, 18:21 (blech), and 17:42 this year. Time to blow it out and put it to bed.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Feeling the growl again

I put 17:30 as a goal back in January, and by Fuck that IS going down this year. 

Now that's the spirit...

C-R

Out for Flying Monkey. 

Will run 5k next week to work off some turkey

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey