3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Please (Read 496 times)

Feeling the growl again

If I don't log a run before work tomorrow morning..6 miles minimum.. someone drive out here and kick my ass.  PM me for directions.

Thanks.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Can I just catch you at your office instead. Less traffic.

You can kick my ass at EC the weekend of the 10th. I should be good and ready after these marathon stunts.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

Long drives hurt my ass, so you are on your own.  If I went out today in the pouring rain you can get your ass out there tomorrow.  Just get it done.

You're welcome.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Long drives hurt my ass, so you are on your own.  If I went out today in the pouring rain you can get your ass out there tomorrow.  Just get it done.

You're welcome.

Shit, it's not even that hard, I just have to get on the treadmill.  I am just not a morning person and my wife is getting really pissed that I set my alarm for 5:20am every morning, wake her up, and never get out of bed.

So yes, I am a pansy ass and just creating some public accountability.  You know, make it happen even once and the second time gets easier.

Worse yet, I skipped running at lunch today because it was 36F and pouring rain.  It's a lot harder to deal with that and go back to the office than get my ass out of bed and on the tm though.

If I did the 5:20am thing the lunch or evening thing would just be gravy.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

You can kick my ass at EC the weekend of the 10th. 

Game on, bitch.  I think I'm open.  I don't feel so bad for a washed up marshmallow man.  Unless I'm at Clarion delivering a baby...in which case we can hit the Monon.

C-R

Intervention time.

Sunday - Eagle Creek. I don't care if I'm screwed up from the marathon on Sat. We need to run.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Prince of Fatness

Worse yet, I skipped running at lunch today because it was 36F and pouring rain.  It's a lot harder to deal with that and go back to the office than get my ass out of bed and on the tm though.

It was around 60 degrees when I went out today, which sucked but was not horrible.  Had it been 36 I would have been tempted to bail.  When it's like that I wish I had a treadmill.  Cold rain is the worst.  I'd rather have it colder with snow.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

It was around 60 degrees when I went out today, which sucked but was not horrible.  Had it been 36 I would have been tempted to bail.  When it's like that I wish I had a treadmill.  Cold rain is the worst.  I'd rather have it colder with snow.

I am not so pansy ass that I can't handle cold rain -- facilities at work are just limited and when I have to be leading a meeting with VPs and Sr VPs within 20min of finishing my run...being relatively new to mid-level mgmt... I get a little nervous about my appearance.

C-R -- Game on.  Need to figure out a time...late church can be challenging with the kids and nap time...but we'll make it happen.

PS -- how many miles does it take to run off a bottle of cheap Cabernet???

C-R

I am not so pansy ass that I can't handle cold rain -- facilities at work are just limited and when I have to be leading a meeting with VPs and Sr VPs within 20min of finishing my run...being relatively new to mid-level mgmt... I get a little nervous about my appearance.

C-R -- Game on.  Need to figure out a time...late church can be challenging with the kids and nap time...but we'll make it happen.

No clue on the cab.

How 'bout a 3pm run. I might actually have some legs on me by then.

Feeling the growl again

No clue on the cab.

How 'bout a 3pm run. I might actually have some legs on me by then.

We'll take it to PM, but 3pm is a bit late...let me know what time your responsibilities are.  We typically get home about 10am so I could be to EC by about 10:30am.  Nap hits about 1pm so that would be the second sweet spot.

C-R

We'll take it to PM, but 3pm is a bit late...let me know what time your responsibilities are.  We typically get home about 10am so I could be to EC by about 10:30am.  Nap hits about 1pm so that would be the second sweet spot.

10:30 is great. When you said late, I thought you meant pm. Soccer fields lot? I have the pass to get inside.

I think the Cabernet mile is like the Garmin mile -- it measures long because you can't run a straight line.

So it's 1202 EST.  Has the ass-kicking window opened yet?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Just a dude.

I got home late, so it was a 9:45 pm run in the dark at 35 degrees tonight for me.

I'll still be up to do my 5:30 am run tomorrow. Probably at 20 degrees.  I don't even own a treadmill.

Get yer butt out there... Joking

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

wuss

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all.