3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

August Weight Loss Challenge (Read 1622 times)

Slo

Me too.   And I switched back to beer from whiskey.  

Ooohh...I've been back on a bourbon kick. Much fewer calories, quicker buzz. I have to be careful though. It was everything I had not to pour a little night cap last night. I could easily become an alcoholic.

I like my bourbon:

Neat or

On the Rocks or

With a splash of Water or

In a Manhattan.

BTW, Elijah Craig 12 year is pretty damn good for a $20 bottle of Bourbon.

Tonight I may treat myself to a Scotch and soda while I grill an Arm roast and admire my new garage.

Almost forgot, this is a weight loss thread. I've plateaued.

Ooohh...I've been back on a bourbon kick. Much fewer calories, quicker buzz. I have to be careful though. It was everything I had not to pour a little night cap last night. I could easily become an alcoholic.

I like my bourbon:

Neat or

On the Rocks or

With a splash of Water or

In a Manhattan.

BTW, Elijah Craig 12 year is pretty damn good for a $20 bottle of Bourbon.

Tonight I may treat myself to a Scotch and soda while I grill an Arm roast and admire my new garage.

Almost forgot, this is a weight loss thread. I've plateaued.

Great, now I'm thirsty AND hungry.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Feeling the growl again

Week 4 = 148.8.  Not bad for 6 days between weigh-ins.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

W4 Weigh In = 168.2

It's not going as quickly as I'd like, but at least it's still going in the right direction.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Slo

W4 = 163.8 Woot Woot

I'm wondering what I can get my Monkey weight down to.

Purdey

Self anointed title

I don't have a 'full' switch 

This is the reason that I now weigh 210.  I think this might be the first time that I have weighed more than DB.  And he is like 4ft taller than me.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Technically the only Clydesdale left in this thread.

Not any more.

This is the reason that I now weigh 210.  I think this might be the first time that I have weighed more than DB.  And he is like 4ft taller than me.

Well, I recall from your old profile pic that you had some muscle on you.

(I'm practicing charity, one of the seven virtues.  But it's hard, with all this sarcasm straining to get out.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

obsessor

you can quote it in stone and it sounds better? Maybe?

I don't have a 'full' switch.

My overeating is causing you to gain weight?  Jeez, some people use any excuse. 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

The King of Beasts

I am glad to see Purdy and obsessor running again. (or maybe just logging again ?)

anyway. Run on.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

obsessor

I am glad to see Purdy and obsessor running again. (or maybe just logging again ?)

anyway. Run on.

Both. during the very low period, I may have logged half or a little more of my "runs"

It is fun. I have gone from struggling through 11 min pace, and now 9 min pace is pretty easy, and 8 min pace is doable. And 7 min pace is feasible for 2 or 3 miles. Maybe.

Watch out if I can lose 30 lbs.

Motivation has returned, and that is the key. Not sure why it went. Not sure why it returned. (lack of pants that fit? Perhaps.)

C-R

A slight slide this week. 178.

Good to see Purdey and Obsessor back at it.

I need a spine transplant to help me stay clear of the beer. Damnit.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Purdey

Self anointed title

So I misread the scales, or got my maths wrong.  I am actually at 189 pounds rather than 210 pounds.

Well, either that or I lost 21 # yesterday.

Feeling the growl again

So I misread the scales, or got my maths wrong  I'm a sandbagger.  I am actually at 189 pounds rather than 210 pounds.

Well, either that or I lost 21 # yesterday.

FIFY.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills