3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

August Weight Loss Challenge (Read 1622 times)

Heh.  I'm like a woman from Ethopia (interesting to see the difference in country distribution between males and females)...I really think I'm like someone from the UK as I'm pretty average sized and not very small...but maybe it's because the 30-44 year old women I see around and at work are all in relatively healthy (and not fat northerners) and therefore the 95% of 30-44 have a higher BMI just doesn't fit. But then BMI is stupid, I have no muscle for a start but my arse and thighs are fat-laden.  I don't know my BF at the moment, but my stupid husband was threatening to caliper me the other day on abut 9 million different folds to check I wasn't too porky so I guess I'll have an inaccurate measure of that soon.   Of course I don't know the cankle status of different nations...that might be a better way to assign  me to somewhere...or calf to cankle ratio.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Hey everyone, Damn work has been non stop for two weeks now. So I have been out of the loop. I did weigh in Tues morning before I ran, I just haven't had the time to be online at all. 178.3

Hawt and sexy

Heh. At my thinnest and fattest, I am like an Ethiopian. Too bad I ain't fast.

I'm touching your pants.

168 on WED.  Going backward!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Prince of Fatness

176.5 this morning.  I will need to go on a hunger strike to reach goal.

Not at it at all. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Okay then, making a little progress.  123.6  this morning.                      

However, my legs feel like they are going to fall off.

steph  

DoppleBock

between 190 and 191 this am ~ I will call it 191.

For me the challenge will end on next Wednesday morning ~ So it looks like I am going to fall short, yet again, of 1 of my goals.  I just could not overcome 2 vacations and boating season. 

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

176.5 this morning.  I will need to go on a hunger beer strike to reach goal.

FIFY.

I will be happy if I just don't gain this week.  Considering I was up >2lbs at one point this week, that is decent.  Unless I was dehydrated this morning, I just may be able to do that.  That would leave me ~1.8lbs to lose in the last week...Ugh...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

I will not make my goal weight - But at least I only want to lose 21 more pounds from here. 

Ok -I'm First to make goal weight, just realized. Now, If I can hold it for a week! Then to take off 35 more lbs, would be nice.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

obsessor

I will not make my goal weight - But at least I only want to lose 21 more pounds from here. 

bitch.

Feeling the growl again

Week 5 = 147.8.  Down to the wire but this is doable.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

just got back from the UP after dropping our odlest daughter off at college. I haven't workout out for two days because of the traveling. I weighed 202.8 on Wednesday morning before my workout and beginning of the trip.

Oh yea, don't get me started on BMI......ooks like I'm closest to a 30-44 yr old Crotian male andnot to far under a Tongan.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

C-R

175 today. I just may hit that #.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

BMI: 22

Below average -- I have a lower BMI than 93% of males aged 45-59 in the US

Below average -- I have a lower BMI than 71% of males aged 45-59 in the world

<small>You're most like someone from Pakistan</small>

Oh, if I had a nickel for every time I've been told that.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

So apparently I have a lower BMI than 94% of my AG in the US and 74% in the world.  I am most like East Timor (I admit I had to wikipedia to verify what that was).

I did note that most countries with a lower BMI are areas with a good degree of famine.  And fast runners.  Huh.