3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

August Weight Loss Challenge (Read 1622 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

W5 = 167.8 Very slow progress, but at least it's progress. I probably won't hit 165 for Labor Day, but I intend to keep going and would like to get down to 160.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Weekends are bad.

steph  

Slo

Not a good week. 165.5

Directionally Incorrect.

DoppleBock

GD for 3 days I am soooo hungry - I am eating very similar, but now in the thick of taper - Last night I broke down, but kept it to some pepper turkey and chicken breast - Basically dodging the serious bullet ~

I am also going to do final weight either tomorrow morning or Wednesday morning as I do not need to weigh as I load back up with Glycogen - I do not need the psycological baggage going into the race.

Thank goodness for plack coffee and halls cough drops ~ Taking the edge off this morning.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Ostrich runner

I'm down another lb, but I'm also extending this into mid Sept because I started late and kinda took a week off.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

166.5 today.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

kcam

147.4 lbs this morning.  I don't think I'm gonna make 145 by next Tuesday, but I ain't giving up.  I will probably do my final weigh-in on Monday as we are leaving on a vacation Tuesday morning.  Leaving the house at like 4AM. Shocked

Prince of Fatness

Today will be a test.  Tomorrow is my final weigh in for this challenge.  I am off from work and have plenty of beer in stock.

The plan is to ignore all of that beer.  I am heading down to my beer store for a $5 growler this evening and will have one pint there.

One pint today.  That is it.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

One pint today.  That is it.

Call it "lunch".

It's coming down to the wire for me.  Apparently my last weigh-in or two were dehydrated, because Wednesday morning I was back up to 150 (147.8 on Saturday).  I was pretty hard on myself yesterday and took a pound off, but with my final weigh-in on Sunday it is going to be close. 

But I am continuing until I see 145.0 on the scale anyways so it's not the end of the world.  Running will just be happier with the dieting behind me.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Purdey

Self anointed title

My usual weigh in day is today, but I'm going to put it off until the 4th. Much like Spaniel, I'm going to keep at it until I reach my goal, then try and maintain for awhile before trying to drop that last 20 pounds.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Purdey

Self anointed title

Much like Finn.... I'm going to try to get hold of a growler tonight.

DoppleBock

I am starting to load and fully hydrate - My weight was unchanged on Tuesday 191, I will weigh Sunday or Monday post race.

Then the battle also continues for me

Eventually my weight needs to stabalize in a range between 170-175 I would like this before the end of the year, but as long as it is acheived by my 44th Birthday (End of February) it will do.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

obsessor

My usual weigh in day is today, but I'm going to put it off until the 4th. Much like Spaniel, I'm going to keep at it until I reach my goal, then try and maintain for awhile before trying to drop that last 20 pounds.

Same here. But I am just putting it off to lose more weight. If there can be a winner in this contest, I am going for it. Looks like Growlers are different in the UK. I took it to mean a 4-pint jug of fresh tap beer. But it got me wondering if the growler size varies by area? Are there half growlers? Double growlers?
                              Purdey

Self anointed title

Looks like Growlers are different in the UK.  

I think so.  At least what we understand a "growler" to mean is different.  In my experience growlers are pretty much the same the world over.

But it got me wondering if the growler size varies by area? Are there half growlers? Double growlers?

This could merit research.