3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

August Weight Loss Challenge (Read 1622 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I think so.  At least what we understand a "growler" to mean is different.  In my experience growlers are pretty much the same the world over.

This could merit research. 

I've never had a growler that was not from the US. I think I need to travel abroad.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

I took it to mean a 4-pint jug of fresh tap beer. But it got me wondering if the growler size varies by area? Are there half growlers? Double growlers?

Most of them are 64 oz as you say, but I have seen 32 oz and gallon ones.  But yes, Thursdays are $5 growler night at my local beer place.  Buy a pint and get a 64 oz growler fill for $5.  She's got 24 taps at this place and about 6 of them are $5 eligible.  It's usually ones that are about to kick.  One night she had $5 DFH 120 Minute growlers.  Dude.

Not at it at all. 

obsessor

Most of them are 64 oz as you say, but I have seen 32 oz and gallon ones.  But yes, Thursdays are $5 growler night at my local beer place.  Buy a pint and get a 64 oz growler fill for $5.  She's got 24 taps at this place and about 6 of them are $5 eligible.  It's usually ones that are about to kick.  One night she had $5 DFH 120 Minute growlers.  Dude.

Where you live?
          Purdey

Self anointed title

Big growlers.

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

obsessor

Near here.  Heh.

Oh yeah. So, something good can come out of Jersey? We are worlds away from that.

Feeling the growl again

Thursdays are $5 growler night at my local beer place.  Buy a pint and get a 64 oz growler fill for $5.  She's got 24 taps at this place and about 6 of them are $5 eligible.  It's usually ones that are about to kick. 

A $5 growler has probably been tapped a bit much for my taste.

LOL.  OK, it's late in the week leading into a holiday and this thread offers way too much immature fun.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

Can you keep this in the beer thread where it belongs - I do not want to read about beer - When beer is evil

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

obsessor

This beer is good for you. This is draft beer. Stick with the beer. Let's go and beat this guy up and come back and drink some more beer. 

There can't be good living where there is not good drinking.
                      --- Benjamin Franklin

an orange, two apples, a can of tuna, plenty of water, and a 5-yr olds portion of dinner, with about 9oz. of beer a day on average - and down 12 lbs so far. You have to have at least one thing to run for!

Ostrich runner

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Prince of Fatness

175.5 this morning.  So, I lost 3 of the 8.5 pounds that I wanted to lose for the challenge.  Not great but it's a start.  I got back to getting on the scale once a week and also took notice of where the weaknesses are.

Not at it at all. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

125 this morning.  Last week must have been dehydration?  Any way, four days to go but I won't be reaching 120.

Will just keep plugging away after.

steph  

I suspect more than one of us got tricked by dehydration.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau