3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

August Weight Loss Challenge (Read 1622 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

LOL - We must be related ~ specially if you clean up the rest this afternoon! 

There are still a few left. It's very tempting.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Ostrich runner

Official weigh in 188.8 at 12% fat on my home scale. That's down from 206 in mid May, but around where it has been for a month now. New goal: 182.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

kcam

People brought donuts today. Dangit. I ate 3 Sad

Two, for me.  I'm a sucker for donuts and as I was driving in to work this morning I considered whether I would go over to the cafeteria and get a donut.  I decided "NO!", I'm gonna be smart and not get the donut.  Go up to the office coffee bar and there's three dozen donuts sitting there ... the rest is history.  Sucks being me.

DoppleBock

Nice 

Official weigh in 188.8 at 12% fat on my home scale. That's down from 206 in mid May, but around where it has been for a month now. New goal: 182.

I was 242 Jan 1st

But 195 late June

But on a favorible note - I have been between 195-207 since April.  Sometimes you have to stabalize a bit before you make a big push.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

C-R

Excellent.

I hit the scale today and was pleasantly surprised. Going on a low beer diet for a while. Sad

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Going on a low beer diet for a while. Sad

Oh no, what's wrong with you!

So I had this stupid idea of running over lunch today.  That put me half-way to where I would like to be.  I hate hot weather!

C-R

IKR? Im also toying with the idea of my own version of Slimfast diet. Eat a healthy breakfast and lunch and have one of those shakes at night.

Oh no, what's wrong with you!

So I had this stupid idea of running over lunch today.  That put me half-way to where I would like to be.  I hate hot weather!

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

IKR? Im also toying with the idea of my own version of Slimfast diet. Eat a healthy breakfast and lunch and have one of those shakes at night.

I hate to break it to you, but it doesn't count if you add 4 shots of vodka to the shake...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Going on a low beer diet for a while.

Me too.  Nothing over 10% until Labor Day.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

I prefer tequilla.

I hate to break it to you, but it doesn't count if you add 4 shots of vodka to the shake...

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

IKR? Im also toying with the idea of my own version of Beerfast diet. Eat a healthy breakfast and lunch and have one of those stouts at night.

FTFY

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Me too.  Nothing over 10% until Labor Day.

POD

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

Week 2 weigh-in = 150.2.  Losing weight while doing no aerobic exercise sucks.

C-R

Week 2 - 177 getting there.

TUE 7/31: 171.0, but in full work attire (which adds weight v. my shorty-shorts and gossamer running shirt).  I'll determine the delta and report back ...

Looks like 2.5-3.0 pounds difference, so ... W1 was 168.5 pounds.

I tried to get my W2 weight before today's lunchtime run, but failed again (locked door).

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau