3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

August Weight Loss Challenge (Read 1622 times)

kcam

Weigh-in:  148.0 lbs

Slo

Tues 8/7 weigh in  166lbs

Weighed in before my run this morning... but maybe I should've waited until I burnt off my Jimmy John's and the 5 Land Sharks I drank last night... oh well... 181.3

Not sure if today is W2 or if I'm off-schedule, but ... 169.0 in weigh-in/running kit.  Hopefully, that's weight loss and not just dehydration.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

Well, I just undid a week's worth of work, and I haven't even had a drink yet.

Good thing I get to run tomorrow.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

NameStarting WeightGoal WeightW1W2
              Trent 170 160 167.5 166.2

165.4 today.

Not as much loss as hoped due to a couple days of eating big for a marathon I "ran" the other day. But the trend is correct.

obsessor

Starting weight: 188.8

Today:188.2

Goal: 182.

I want to keep this goal doable, and in proportion to my motivation to lose weight.

OK. I have to say it... I LOVE BEER. Trying to just have a few on the weekends suck. Especially, with softball being on Thursday night... I just know that beer is a major reason I have gained so much weight...

Feeling the growl again

OK. I have to say it... I LOVE BEER. Trying to just have a few on the weekends suck. Especially, with softball being on Thursday night... I just know that beer is a major reason I have gained so much weight...

+1.

Meeting up after work with a college teammate and good friend I have not seen in 6 years.  Some liquor store owner is going to be smiling.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Hehe.

In the past week, I've downed a pint of Ben & Jerry's and nice portions of Cheetos and Kettle Chips (FYI: Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper = yum!).  While my weight is technically down, I look at my middle and it seems like I've got slightly more padding over the six-pack than a month or two ago.  Confused

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Prince of Fatness

Beer.  Yeah, I hear you.  The problem with me regarding beer is that I tend to eat a lot worse when I am drinking,

178.5 this morning, up 2 from last week.  I spent a few hours at Musikfest yesterday drinking beer, eating, and listening to music.  Oh well.

Not at it at all. 

Slo

Beer / alcoholic drinks...it's been bourbon lately...is my number one.

Oversnacking when I get home and then again before bed is the other one. I downed 2/3rds of a bag or Dorito's last night.

Now, for the next 40 days will be extended hours at work which will lead to poor eating habits and poor eating decisions. I had to come in a 3am today and nearly caved to eat out of the vending machines but had an inner battle with myself and decided to pack a healthier lunch.

That didn't prevent me though from buying the donut sticks I just finished.

Feeling the growl again

Beer / alcoholic drinks...it's been bourbon lately...is my number one.

I knew I liked you.

I hear you on the evening issues.  For breakfast I had a banana and black coffee.  For lunch it will be a PB&J sandwich.  This is pretty much representative of most days.  So my only excuse is bad behavior when I get home.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

8/10 Weigh In: 168.8

Not much of an improvement, but at least it's not a gain like a couple other folks that I won't point out. Wink

I usually drink beer on the weekend and since I tend to run more miles on the weekend that's usually not a big problem. My biggest issue is evening snacking. I like to have a glass of wine (or two or three) in the evening and of course snacks along with it. Usually more snacks than I should have. And yes, Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper chips are very yummy. Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper pretzels are also quite tasty.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

DoppleBock

Sorry for being late on reporting - Week #3 was 199 - a beaten down 199, so I do not expect much more this week - Although I am having a really good week both eating and training - Week #2 with no alcohol ... Coincidence?  Sadly, I think not.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !