3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Chasing Records (Read 40 times)

C-R

I guess that yesterday's throwdown in Boston is right on plan.

Chasing-Records

Makes me want to go get some PR's this year.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

kcam

Rupp is one fit dude (understatement of the year).  Did you see the list of names (not many of them) that have run indoors 5000 faster than him?  Not many of them and the very greatest in our sport.

5,000?  DONE

2Mile ...

Mile ...

This is shaping up to be an exciting start to the year.

C-R

I'm actually going to see if this can we watched on the interwebs. The last 600 video was awesome even with the dude yelling into the mic.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

5,000?  DONE

2Mile ...

Mile ...

But what about 26.2

C-R

But what about 26.2

that would be a wicked fast 400 but I bet he can do it.

Feeling the growl again

I would be shocked if Salazar moves Rupp up to the marathon before 2017.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I guess I should put a emoticon there, that was a reference to SJ back on the main board.

Galen is fit, but since Lance saga a nagging feeling lingers.

C-R

Yeah - SJ is "special". In my day we would say he "rides the short bus" but that ain't pc.

I sure hope not regarding the Lance comment.

Oh and how 'bout Cain. Man o man. The sky seems the limit for that young lass. She now owns all the American junior records from the 1000 through 2 mile.

Feeling the growl again

Sorry, missed that.  SJ has moved beyond annoying crackpot and deep into pathetic troll at this point.

On the drug front, you can never eliminate the possibility.  I would be surprised if he's on anything though.  His times are still not freakish compared to the rest of the world, just very good.

I guess I should put a emoticon there, that was a reference to SJ back on the main board.

Galen is fit, but since Lance saga a nagging feeling lingers.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Haven't really run a race hard in two years, yet hoping for some PR's as well. At least  one should be easy, should beat my time from Monkey if I make it the start line healthy on March 16th.  But need something comparable, most likely will take a stab at that low hanging 22:50 5K or the 50:18 10K, after the marathon kind of embarrassing that those times have been sitting there for over 3 years now.

Feeling the growl again

Haven't really run a race hard in two years, yet hoping for some PR's as well. At least  one should be easy, should beat my time from Monkey if I make it the start line healthy on March 16th.  But need something comparable, most likely will take a stab at that low hanging 22:50 5K or the 50:18 10K, after the marathon kind of embarrassing that those times have been sitting there for over 3 years now.

I am happy to cheer everyone else to PRs.  The only one I could realistically touch this year is the beer mile.

Well, scratch that.  If I put a heck of a lot of effort into it I could take down my 400m time as I've never specifically trained for it or run <60.0.

C-R

Well, scratch that.  If I put a heck of a lot of effort into it I could take down my 400m time as I've never specifically trained for it or run <60.0.

All comers track meets in Zionsville this summer. 5 or 6 weeks solid. Just saying.

Feeling the growl again

Yup....my mind had already gone there....perhaps it would be good to start with some speed as I try to get my endurance back, turn back the clock on the legs a few years.

Seems to have worked for Rupp.

All comers track meets in Zionsville this summer. 5 or 6 weeks solid. Just saying.

I think I can take down my mile too, it's kind of a low hanging fruit as well, the 6:48 was on a broken up asphalt track with huge potholes to avoid on a hot muggy August day.   Planning no specific training for any of these, if one happens then the others should follow.

Putting these out here so you guys can mock me at the end of the year if I don't make progress.

kcam

I've got three track races the next three weeks.  Tomorrow afternoon is an All Comers 2mile (where I will f'ing suck I'm sure), then the next Saturday is my club 5,000 (maybe I'll do OK) and then the following Saturday I will run the AC 2mile again.  I'm hoping to be in shape to take down my relatively poor 2mile PR.  Me and Rupp, goin for the records!

MTA - believe it or not but tomorrow at ~2PM the temp is supposed to be 71 deg and Sunny, could affect me negatively as I am suffering in our current 'heat wave'.  Two miles ain't that long but long enough for 70's weather to bother me some.  Just got back from my lunch-time run and it is 70Deg.