3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

January 2013 Racing Thread (Read 514 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

dude - that just don't sound right.  BTW, nice freaking week and it aint over yet.  What are you running tomorrow?

In my mile this afternoon I was in the slow heat so I had a bunch of HS girls chasing me down ... all I cared about was making sure none of 'em passed me.  Success.  I'm guessing they are not in shape yet because it was a pretty slow mile.

Thanks - gonna try to get some easy mileage in today, then maybe take it easier after this week.

Hereabouts, winter track season is just entering the post-season championship races, so the kids should all be starting to peak.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

#artbydmcbride

Day-um J-Lee-C, that was a a fine race in the ice and white stuff!

Mine was a sad 56:40 in a January heat wave.

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Apparently the mud is horrible bad, with loads of standing water.  More than penance for last year being dry. Methinks it will be 8+ hours...

...of fun! EMBRACE THE MUD!

Turns out I learned this morning that the course was dry. NO MUD NONE. My dry course goal had been seven hours even. I got a 6:48:01. That is a five minute PR for the 50 K distance on a long course, and nearly a one hour improvement over last year on this course when I was gimpy. So, a good day for my race.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Apparently the mud is horrible bad, with loads of standing water.  More than penance for last year being dry. Methinks it will be 8+ hours...

...of fun! EMBRACE THE MUD!

Turns out I learned this morning that the course was dry. NO MUD NONE. My dry course goal had been seven hours even. I got a 6:48:01. That is a five minute PR for the 50 K distance on a long course, and nearly a one hour improvement over last year on this course when I was gimpy. So, a good day for my race.

Feeling the growl again

Nice job!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's nice to see that Trent the runner is back, instead of Trent the Perpetually Sick With Plague.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

kcam

Way to go Trent!

J-L-C

Day-um J-Lee-C, that was a a fine race in the ice and white stuff!

Mine was a sad 56:40 in a January heat wave.

That's mostly gone for now. Cold day but no precipitation except for the stuff piled on the sides of the roads in a few spots.  Hopefully it stays away!

Thanks everyone!

J-L-C

Awesome! Congrats.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Good going, Trent!

steph  

flarunner

Nice racing by you people!

Did a half marathon yesterday: 1:43:39. I suck at pacing. But I won my age group.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

1/26    Winter Run 5K    Indianapolis, IN    23:19

Of course, shortly after I register I find out it will be colder with the possibility of snow. Roll eyes

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Lots of nice racing this weekend.

Way to go J-Lee, Trent, and flarunner!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

1/26    Winter Run 5K    Indianapolis, IN    23:19

Of course, shortly after I register I find out it will be colder with the possibility of snow. Roll eyes

Nice racing everyone.

I'm thinking about this one too. Game day decision thought. This is at Marian right?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'm thinking about this one too. Game day decision thought. This is at Marian right?

Correct. I went ahead and registered since it was only $20. If I don't do it or end up jogging it, no biggie.

http://iwant2run.com/Winter_Run_5K.html