3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

January 2013 Racing Thread (Read 514 times)

#artbydmcbride

Ileneforward    13.1   1/26  Sandy Hook virtual half marathon  2:00

http://www.active.com/half-marathon/tampa-fl/sandy-hook-elementary-memorial-virtual-half-marathon-and-5k-2013

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

Its a virtual race, but we each paid our $30 (all to the United Way) and we are really going to run it on a real course, with real timing and real aid stations, just the finisher medals will be imaginary.  Cool

Runners run

Its a virtual race, but we each paid our $30 (all to the United Way) and we are really going to run it on a real course, with real timing and real aid stations, just the finisher medals will be imaginary.  Cool

We'll all virtually support you and cheer you on.  Your running group is doing a good thing with this event.  Just being a part of it and supporting it will likely be more satisfying than "another medal".

#artbydmcbride

The traffic control will be imaginary, so hopefully I won't be flattened by a car when we 'Frogger' across the roads.  Big grin

Runners run

Nice racing there, peeps!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

The traffic control will be imaginary, so hopefully I won't be flattened by a car when we 'Frogger' across the roads.  Big grin

Nice job, Ilene! That all sounds pretty real to me.

Ran a benefit 5K Monday for special-needs kids. The organizers' inconsistent traffic control made me a little nervous....some of the kids participating can be a little unpredictable, and we had to share a stretch of road with traffic. But everything worked out.

More important: handmade winners' plaques created by the kids themselves! THIS was super cool and truly memorable. Better than any medal.

#artbydmcbride

Nice!!  Smile

Runners run

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

1/26    Winter Run 5K    Indianapolis, IN    23:19

Of course, shortly after I register I find out it will be colder with the possibility of snow. Roll eyes

23:33

Short of my goal, but still a 32 second PR and good enough for 1AG. There was snow and ice on the ground, so it wasn't the best footing. There was also a bit of hill in the middle of the course and little bit of a hill toward the end. The course may have been a tad short, but I'll take it.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

kcam

Good one whodat.

I ran 18:18 for my 5,000 this morning.  Pretty happy in that I'm way ahead of where I was last year at this time (ran 18:44 at this same race last yar).  Onward!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Short of my goal, but still a 32 second PR and good enough for 1AG. There was snow and ice on the ground, so it wasn't the best footing. There was also a bit of hill in the middle of the course and little bit of a hill toward the end. The course may have been a tad short, but I'll take it.

Congrats Richard!   Well done!

steph  

C-R

Niiiiice!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

:26 over last year. I'll say 2013 is looking up for ya. Cool.

Good one whodat.

I ran 18:18 for my 5,000 this morning.  Pretty happy in that I'm way ahead of where I was last year at this time (ran 18:44 at this same race last yar).  Onward!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

#artbydmcbride

2:11:35

Runners run

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Good one whodat.

Congrats ken!

steph  

Feeling the growl again

Nice, ken!

WhoDat, 32sec PRs in the cold and snow are nothing to sneeze at.  Keep yourself healthy and I see sub-22 this year.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills