3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

MrFinn & rest of the NJ contingent (Read 294 times)

an amazing likeness

We haven't heard from Tim in a few days since Sandy...anyone heard or seen any updates from other sources like FB or anything ?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

My SIL is in Redbank and they are still without power.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

steph  

Prince of Fatness

Still no power, but power is being restored to places nearby so I am hopeful of getting it back within the next day or two.  They estimate that well over 80% of the state lost power.  The shore got absolutely hammered.  Worst tropical system in my lifetime by a mile.

I have a gas water heater and stove so I am coping.

Biggest issue is that I work for a small company that publishes time sensitive information.  No power in the office.  We have a backup site up about 75% and are just getting by.  I'll feel better when power is restored in the office.

Lots of people far worse off than me so I am just rolling with the punches.  Not much else you can do.

Not at it at all. 

an amazing likeness

Good to hear from you and that the news isn't horrible.

Lots of people far worse off than me so I am just rolling with the punches.  Not much else you can do.

Yep.  But it does get old really quickly. 

During the ice storm of Feb 1998 up here, we had huge swaths with no power for 7 - 10 days and it was ok for a while, then got old in a hurry.  Gas stations, ATMs, grocery store's point-of-sale...everything was down. Neighbors camping in our living room for a few days for our wood heat as their houses became unlivable in the cold.  Work office had running water and showers...there was a line every morning of bedraggled folks coming to the office for relief and some heat.

It gets old very quickly....

kcam

My daughter lives on Long Island, she's not married and lives on her own in an apartment.  Talk about a worried Dad.  She called me today after a few days of only text messages.  She had a good bit of non-perishable food and water so she was OK.  Her power and water just came back on a couple of hours ago.  She's been eating and showering at a friends house who have a generator and, I guess, enough gasoline to run it once in a while.   I have said  my share of prayers for the people in that region.  Best to all of you.

Prince of Fatness

Power came back on in my house overnight, so now power at work is my big issue.

I ended up losing a little food but I have a small chest freezer in the basement and everything was thawing slowly so  it is a matter of rearranging meals and eating the stuff that thawed within the next couple of days.

The office that I work in still has no power so that is my big issue right now.

At some point I have a tree that needs to be cut down, some siding that needs to be repaired, and a chimney cap that needs to be repaired.  That's it,  I was supposed to head down south next week but am going to postpone that for a few weeks.

For me this is mostly a big inconvenience.  I am lucky.

I appreciate the thoughts everyone.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Good to hear Finn.

The East Coast sure got slammed on this one.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

an amazing likeness

Very good to hear. Very good.

Have a warm beer...or two.

Feeling the growl again

Power came back on in my house overnight, so now power at work is my big issue.

I ended up losing a little food but I have a small chest freezer in the basement and everything was thawing slowly so  it is a matter of rearranging meals and eating the stuff that thawed within the next couple of days.

The office that I work in still has no power so that is my big issue right now.

At some point I have a tree that needs to be cut down, some siding that needs to be repaired, and a chimney cap that needs to be repaired.  That's it,  I was supposed to head down south next week but am going to postpone that for a few weeks.

I appreciate the thoughts everyone.

Let me know when your little care package is safely in hand.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Let me know when your little care package is safely in hand.

Nothing yet.  Who did you ship with and did they give you a delivery date?

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Nothing yet.  Who did you ship with and did they give you a delivery date?

Shipped Tuesday, they said Thursday...but I would bet there was a bit of a disruption in the system.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

Shipped Tuesday, they said Thursday...but I would bet there was a bit of a disruption in the system.

Depends on who you shipped with.  Fedex delivers from Allentown, PA which wouldn't be too bad.  UPS delivers from Bound Brook, NJ ... might be some issues.  No tracking number?

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Depends on who you shipped with.  Fedex delivers from Allentown, PA which wouldn't be too bad.  UPS delivers from Bound Brook, NJ ... might be some issues.  No tracking number?

UPS.  Let me dig out the tracking.

MTA

Tracking Information

Location                   Date                  Local Time           Activity

Indianapolis, IN      10/30/2012                6:30PM            Order Process

10/30/2012               7:20PM            Origin Scan

10/30/2012              8:44 PM            Departure Scan

10/30/2012             10:00PM            Might tasty, thanks

Actually it says "Adverse weather conditions" with a big warning that adverse weather may cause delay of the shipment.  Looks like they froze all outbound shipments to the affected hub Tuesday night.

Prince of Fatness

Actually it says "Adverse weather conditions" with a big warning that adverse weather may cause delay of the shipment.  Looks like they froze all outbound shipments to the affected hub Tuesday night.

OK that's Bound Brook.  Lots of power outages in that area.  That would explain it.

If you want, PM me the tracking number so I can keep an eye out for it.

Not at it at all.