3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Advice (Read 232 times)

On what to do for the next week? I signed up for a 5k this coming Saturday. It's not a goal race obviously but I'd like to at least PR. I know I should probably be able to figure it out myself, however after traveling all day yesterday and being kept up all night by my meowing cat I'm exhausted. That and I'd probably end up doing too much knowing me. 

Thanks!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

On what to do for the next week? I signed up for a 5k this coming Saturday. It's not a goal race obviously but I'd like to at least PR. I know I should probably be able to figure it out myself, however after traveling all day yesterday and being kept up all night by my meowing cat I'm exhausted. That and I'd probably end up doing too much knowing me. 

Thanks!

There's not an awful lot you can do a week out except slow yourself down.

Do some quick strides a few days out to bring some spring into the legs and see what you've already put into the tank.

That, and duct tape the cat.

Not a goal race but "at least PR"?  Heh. Wink   If you're training has been going such that you are thinking like that I don't think you have much to worry about.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

There's not an awful lot you can do a week out except slow yourself down.

Do some quick strides a few days out to bring some spring into the legs and see what you've already put into the tank.

That, and duct tape the cat.

Not a goal race but "at least PR"?  Heh. Wink   If you're training has been going such that you are thinking like that I don't think you have much to worry about.

Duct tape, Good idea!

My 5k pr is soft and theoretically I should have no problem breaking it, however I have never done a 5k the week after running a 40 mile run.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Prince of Fatness

My advice is to get behind Potato Head and follow his ass (it's big, you can't miss it) to a PR.  During the week run enough to keep the blood flowing.

Not at it at all. 

My advice is to get behind Potato Head and follow his ass (it's big, you can't miss it) to a PR.  During the week run enough to keep the blood flowing.

Sounds like a good plan!