3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Kids say the darnest thing (Read 181 times)

So I saw bhearn's sig line and made me think back to November what our 6 yr old said.

bhearn's sig line: "When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasn't tired and kept running anyway"

We were heading to a local Turkey Trot.  The DW was running the 10k and the kiddos were doing the Mashed Potato mile.  Our youngest has a habit of trying to sprint in everything irregardless of distance.  We've been explaining to him the difference between easy running and hard running.  The conversation went something like this:

Mom - "Now you know, you're running a mile.  That's two times around our block.  So start off slow and pace yourself."

Kid - "Mom, I start out fast and I stay fast."

Mom - speechless.  Me - chuckling to myself.

Well, he went out and proved Mom wrong.  He took off and kept pushing through the mile.  He came in at a sub-8.

Kids do say the darnest thing sometimes.

#artbydmcbride

He knew he better put his feet where his mouth was.   Big grin  Awesome!

Runners run

kcam

So I saw bhearn's sig line and made me think back to November what our 6 yr old said.

bhearn's sig line: "When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasn't tired and kept running anyway"

We were heading to a local Turkey Trot.  The DW was running the 10k and the kiddos were doing the Mashed Potato mile.  Our youngest has a habit of trying to sprint in everything irregardless of distance.  We've been explaining to him the difference between easy running and hard running.  The conversation went something like this:

Mom - "Now you know, you're running a mile.  That's two times around our block.  So start off slow and pace yourself."

Kid - "Mom, I start out fast and I stay fast."

Mom - speechless.  Me - chuckling to myself.

Well, he went out and proved Mom wrong.  He took off and kept pushing through the mile.  He came in at a sub-8.

Kids do say the darnest thing sometimes.

Awesome!

Feeling the growl again

Sub-8 at age 6?

Makes me think somebody got some running and competitive genes from somewhere.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Nice

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Sounds like a good sig line. Big grin

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Sub-8 at age 6?

Makes me think somebody got some running and competitive genes from somewhere.

His older sister beat him last year so he was out to get her this year.  Wish I was better at posting pictures because I got some good shots of him near the finish.  He pushed the limits that day...almost to the point of puking.

Sounds like a good sig line. Big grin

You don't say!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

kcam

Art Linkletter.  Dont know why his name didn't pop into my head until just now but, boom, there it is.

bhearn

Smile