3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2017 Big Bodacious Goals (Read 40 times)

Feeling the growl again

OK.  I am signed up for the half.  And, the last week I started mixing in some fartleks.  It felt good changing up the paces.  I'm going to try to keep consistent with those through the summer and then add in some other faster paced stuff once the cool weather returns.  I've also been running a lot of trails as of late which has provided me with plenty of hill work.

Nice. It's amazing how changing paces feels after and extended absence from workouts...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Nice. It's amazing how changing paces feels after and extended absence from workouts...

Just now starting to get my crap back together. Marathon in Mid Sept - hobbyjog not racing. The question of pace begs this one: July 15th - run a HM and see if I can go in the 1:40 range or run the USATF Indiana 5k championships and blow out the carbon?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Just now starting to get my crap back together. Marathon in Mid Sept - hobbyjog not racing. The question of pace begs this one: July 15th - run a HM and see if I can go in the 1:40 range or run the USATF Indiana 5k championships and blow out the carbon?

I say do whatever hurts and challenges you the most.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

I lost my way ... these could have all been achieved, now the only one that I can hit is the mileage.

Basically what are you stretch goals - You big our there goals that you strive toward and know are near impossible.

Below are my goals that seem stupid to have right now ... Anyone else care to share your hopes and dreams?

My 2017 Big Bodacious Goals

*  May 13 - Sub 8 hour Ice Age 50M ... I'd be happy with sub 10 hour and right now I am maybe in 11-12 hour shape

*  June 3-4 - >= 131 miles FANS 24 Hour ... I'd be really happy with 101 miles ... right now 70 mile shape if my back and hip hold out

*  Fall 2017 Sub 3 marathon ... I could not break 4 hours right now and I do not know if my back and hip will allow for that long of a stride again  I'd be happy with a BQ

*  A late year >= 140 mile 24 hour race

To acheive these goals

*  Weight loss - Must get down between 190-200# (Will not happen by Ice Age or FANS)

*  Mileage - 3,600 to 4,200 miles

*  Weekly speed work

*  Willingness to do complimentary work (Back, Core & stuff that strengthens hip and knee stabalizing muscles)

*  Sacrafice some family time (Not a lot - but some)

*  Sacrifice some beer / booze time - Well actually a lot of beer / booze time (Only a couple drinking days a month - Notice I did not say drinks per month, but drinking days)

January Goal 250 miles - Actual 360

February Goal 300 Miles -

March Goal 360 Miles -

I am not thinking past that time as my past history does not warrant it.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !