3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 1574 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

W3-C2--D1 max-17

Push-ups--ugh.

steph  

TeaOlive, looks like you are hitting a wall with the pushups, maybe forget this challenge for a couple of weeks/month and do other weight training.  If you are a member of a gym do some low weight, high reps classes (like Body pump at YMCA) which can definitely help you get strong overall. I think those of us who were successful at this challenge have been doing some strength training for quite a while and hence have a stronger core and supporting muscle structure to push through.  

I am very weak with crunches and other ab exercises, and need to do something about that, and know no single 6 week program will make me better at crunches. Have to do all this other stuff as well to support that specific area. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

MTA:  I hope your trees are alive.  I never heard back from you on my offer.

I forgot about it until it was too late. I soaked the two in the front the evening before I left. Looks like they may be ok as I think I see leaf buds on them.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive, looks like you are hitting a wall with the pushups, maybe forget this challenge for a couple of weeks/month and do other weight training.  If you are a member of a gym do some low weight, high reps classes (like Body pump at YMCA) which can definitely help you get strong overall. I think those of us who were successful at this challenge have been doing some strength training for quite a while and hence have a stronger core and supporting muscle structure to push through.  

I am very weak with crunches and other ab exercises, and need to do something about that, and know no single 6 week program will make me better at crunches. Have to do all this other stuff as well to support that specific area. 

Happyfeet--  I did pretty much take the last couple weeks off and am now, basically, starting over.

Will see how it goes from here.

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

W3-C2-D2 -- max-23

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

W4-D3-C1 Final Set=19

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

W3-C2-D3  max-24  

steph  

Feeling the growl again

It's amazing how fast you lose it.  Since finishing the Challenge I have been doing a bench routine, but I tried to do W6 C3 D1 last night and could not even though I was rested.  Huh.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

It's amazing how fast you lose it.  Since finishing the Challenge I have been doing a bench routine, but I tried to do W6 C3 D1 last night and could not even though I was rested.  Huh.

That's depressing.  

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

W4-D3-C1 Final Set=25

Week 4 complete.

C-R

Blame the beer mile.

You people shamed me into getting back on the wagon. I did a hybrid workout 2x26, 2x30, 2x26, 2x24 and max @ 62. Ouch.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

W4-D3-C1 Final Set=25

Week 4 complete.

That a way.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

C-R

W3-C2-D3  max-24  

Still improving. Keep up the fight.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

W4-C2-D1 Max-25

steph