3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I will be accountable for my next workout (Read 49 times)

I have been a raging wuss for the past three days of cold weather.  I've only gotten five or six easy miles in per day, and I don't think I have been so mopey on a run in my life.

Basically, I am going to have a good damned workout tonight.  Screw the wind, the cold, and the gloom.

I am posting this here because I need to know that people will call me a pussy or worse if I bail on it, and my friends and Real Life running group are too soft...er, understanding.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
    Emil Zatopek

Feeling the growl again

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Dude running outside this week has been brutal.  I have not skipped a day and consider that a victory in itself.

That said if you bail I will be more than happy to call you a pussy.  Anything I can do to help.

Not at it at all. 

#artbydmcbride

I have a sciatic nerve flareing up and burning my right hip and buttock, a tight hamstring in my left leg causing me to run like quasimodo...and I am still getting out there in the cold and wind and struggling to run.

Runners run

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

6am.  Four fresh inches of snow on the ground.  13F (8F w/ wc).  6.5mile complete.

Yesterday, no-snow 12F.  Fartleks at a track workout  . . . alone.

Yeah, most of it was miserable, but complete none-the-less.

Suck it up, cupcake.

(I figure if I'm an ass and call you out, there's no frigg'n way I can back down off my own workouts; supposed to be colder tomorrow. Wink )

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

I have a sciatic nerve flareing up and burning my right hip and buttock, a tight hamstring in my left leg causing me to run like quasimodo...and I am still getting out there in the cold and wind and struggling to run.

When you near home, start shouting "Sanctuary!" and all will be good.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Alright, ya daisies.  I haven't even looked at the weather yet, but I'm about to go warm up, do some incredibly stupid-looking plyometrics, and cool down.  IN PUBLIC.  While WEARING ELECTRIC BLUE TIGHTS.

MTA: 42* and windy.  Yeehaw.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

I was in Houston earlier this week. Tuesday night it got "down" to maybe 58 degrees...there were people in long sleeves. There were people wearing tights.

I laughed.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                  We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

#artbydmcbride

Alright, ya daisies.  I haven't even looked at the weather yet, but I'm about to go warm up, do some incredibly stupid-looking plyometrics, and cool down.  IN PUBLIC.  While WEARING ELECTRIC BLUE TIGHTS.

Shocked

Runners run

MTA: 42* and windy.  Yeehaw.

You mean leggings?

Feeling the growl again

I was in Houston earlier this week. Tuesday night it got "down" to maybe 58 degrees...there were people in long sleeves. There were people wearing tights.

I laughed.

Heh.  Last time I ran in Houston it was 85F and 100% humidity on Thanksgiving.  I almost go heat stroke.

My wife grew up there and I keep having to give our daughter gloves to go to school when it's 15F out because my wife just doesn't think of stuff like that..they never needed to.

MTA:  Well, I can't easily get more than ~30min on the work treadmill so I sucked it up and ran outside...13F but the wind wasn't awful.  Wore too many clothes, so I was burning up while my face froze.  But I got a full 10 miles in vs the 4.5 I would have gotten indoors.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

(((Ilene's burning butt)))

....awkward....

I've been dealing with exactly that for several years now...I think Finn and I know your pain.

flarunner

I would give you grief about not running, but I just don't think it would have that much meaning coming from a Floridian. I mean, this morning I ran in 47 degrees and had to wear cloths. Not leggins mind you, but arm cloths. Oh, the horror.

Does it help that I lived in South Dakota for 2 years? Back in the 80's. Long before there was anything remotely technical fabric-wise. Cotton cloths are the best.

lagwagon

I've only gotten five or six easy miles in per day

I'm still amused by what passes for trivial around here.

The treadmill has been wearing me down so I got outside for 18mi at 8F this morning.  Not too bad really, but aches seem amplified when its hella cold.    OK, I'll HTFU.  

And I was impressed by the snow that formed under my wrist cuffs and flaked off every time I looked at my watch.  Now I'll STFU.

My leggings--I mean, my tights--aren't electric blue, but I got it done.  Finally felt like I didn't let the cold beat me.

Of course, it helped that it was a balmy 14F this time.  Suited up, remembered to bring my wind-blocking buff because I was planning on running either country roads or park--no wind protection there.  There was about an inch of fresh snow and some ice in places.  Not a big deal, but it makes doing quality exciting.  But anyway, I did 20 minutes easy, ended up at a park with a ~1 mile loop that was only 30-40% slippery and decided to go for it.  20 minutes at tempo, ~6:38.  About 10 seconds a mile slower than last week.  Given the black ice dodging, I'll take it.

Ended with 40 more minutes easy to get in 10.5.

In other words, thanks for being my virtual peer pressure.

Also, 58F is shorts and singlet weather.  :-P

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                                Emil Zatopek