3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Race strategy for heat (temp) (Read 54 times)

Walk-Jogger

I  love it when a thread veers off into the protecting the nips from chafing territory cuz then I get to post this picture.  Cecil, a little duct tape should work .... just like this ....

Nice pic Ken - good suggestion with the tape, looks like it works well for her! I actually have not had any problem with the nips chaffing, and was just wondering why - is my manly, hairy chest holding the singlet out away from the delicate bits, or are singlets in general never a cause of this problem. Last time I had sanded nips was probably a few winters ago when I was wearing 4 or 5 top layers and running 13.1 miles, fast enough to be soaked in sweat. 

I HAVE learned the hard way this year that if I forget to wash my running shorts after even ONE run in the heat, the sweat salt crystals will sand off the skin on my thighs on the next run in just a few quick miles...

Retired &  Loving It

We moved recently and my wife was going through the medicine cabinet and throwing out stuff.  When she saw the myriad boxes of band aids she was tossing them out and I frantically rescued my moob protectors.  She was shocked to learn what I use those for, I guess she has lived a sheltered life so far.

These things --> (clicky) are outstanding. They beat the pants off band-aids if you've got a hairy chest.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I prefer these.

Cheap and not so sticky as to rip out nipple hair.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

I use the J&J-branded square ones.  They rip the chest/peri-nippular hair out when removed ... but I kinda like that.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

#artbydmcbride

I use the J&J-branded square ones.  They rip the chest/peri-nippular hair out when removed ... but I kinda like that.

Blush

Runners run

You should just go with duct tape. More bang for your buck.

My goal is to look like Steve Carell in The 40-Year-Old Virgin:

(And does it count as a hat-trick if I quote myself?  Who cares!)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

I don't even care if there is a hat trick, I appreciate seeing cute skater chick posted again.

(And does it count as a hat-trick if I quote myself?  Who cares!)

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Well, given the option of the two pictures posted, what to like is easy to chose.

I don't even care if there is a hat trick, I appreciate seeing cute skater chick posted again.

an amazing likeness

So...today's trip to running hell was a half marathon 82F and climbing in blazing sun, with no breeze. Same shirt as pictures above, but due to quality band aid stickiness, no bloody nips.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.