3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

September 2013 Racing Thread (Read 60 times)

Feeling the growl again

Ken, I wouldn't consider you a plodder by any means!

+1.  I ran with him.  No plodding was involved.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Yes, so there should be some closure.

Who Date Event Distance Where Goal Result Comments
      Roth Runner SEP01 Southern Vets League Final 3000m Ashford UK 9:35 9:32  
      WhoDatRunner SEP02 Old Fashion Days 5k 5km North Salem IN 1AG 24:37, 1AG! Yeah, baby.
      Gville Kevin SEP08 Lehigh Valley 26.2mi Allentown PA sub-3 2:58:37 Got 'er done!
      pfetro SEP15 Bucktown 5km Chicago IL 17:30 17:19 4OA in the rain
      xhristopher SEP16 Lone Gull 10km Gloucester MA sub-38 37:38 mo suffer, mo better
      Happyfeet SEP21 Run The Valley HM 13.1mi Badin NC Run Hard 2:01:02 Ran hard.
      TeaOlive SEP21 Chase The Sun 6-hour Savannah GA 31mi 31.79mi torture the hubs!
      pfetro SEP22 Running With the Bulldogs 5km Chicago IL 17:30 16:24 3OA and a PR!
      pfetro SEP28 Park Ridge Classic 5km Chicago IL 16:45 16:36 near-PR!

Some very good races here, with folks setting honest goals and still smashing them.  What simplifies this otherwise difficult selection process is that three entries belong to a single runner.  And so...

pfetro, to you goes the SEP2013 Hurtlocker Virtual Actual & Tangible Beer of Achievement!  Don't be all "aw, shucks" with us, either -- you earned it.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

Some very good races here, with folks setting honest goals and still smashing them.  What simplifies this otherwise difficult selection process is that three entries belong to a single runner.  And so...

pfetro, to you goes the SEP2013 Hurtlocker Virtual Beer of Achievement!  Don't be all "aw, shucks" with us, either -- you earned it.

Oh, no, it's not a virtual beer.  No fake feel-good stuff here.  pfetro is owed a beer for real.  But since I am closer I will likely take care of it for you.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Thanks guys!

Congrats on the September take away pfetro!

C-R

Very beer worthy. Damn fine racing!

Plus, this is one good dude. Paced me to my marathon PR which was more than 30 minutes off his own. Still owe some beer for that.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Yup, nice month pfetro, and a lot more to come I suspect....

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congratulations, pfetro!

steph  

Paced me to my marathon PR which was more than 30 minutes off his own. Still owe some beer for that.

Thanks for the support everyone.  CR - that is one of my favorite running experiences, no beer is owed and IIRC we had a few tasty ones after the race with Spaniel.

Feeling the growl again

Thanks for the support everyone.  CR - that is one of my favorite running experiences, no beer is owed and IIRC we had a few tasty ones after the race with Spaniel.

Cracking open a Chimay in the park was priceless.  We need to do that again.

Congrats pfetro!  Those are some solid performances and I have a feeling you are just getting started!