3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

January '16 Race Thread (Read 25 times)

C-R

You know the drill. Call 'em and bag 'em.

Name Date Race Name Location Distance Goal Result Comments
    mgerwn 1/17 Boston Buildup  Ridgefield CT 15k <1:50    
    kencamet 1/30 Mission 10 San Jose Baustita 10 mi <1:08    

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

de nada.. hardly any races out here in Jan.

And we run because we like it
      Through the broad bright land

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

mgerwn, Sun 1/17, Boston Buildup 15k, Ridgefield, CT  <1:50:00

kcam

Here's one, Ben!  Bit of a drive for you, 'bout 40 minutes for me but it's a very good, long-standing race.  I've never run it so I guess this is my chance.  Registered yesteday.

kencamet  1/30/16   Mission 10   San Juan Bautista     10 miles    <1:08

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

mgerwn, Sun 1/17, Boston Buildup 15k, Ridgefield, CT  <1:50:00

1:46:49, thanks to gravity on the downhills, and some speedy uphill hiking.

kcam

Congrats on beating your goal, even with Mr. Gravity - you usually have to pay him back, with interest, on the uphills!

One of my 2016 goals was to break 90 minutes in the half.  And I did just that at the Winter Warlock Plymouth Half = 1:28:20.

Sorry I didn't post it ahead of time....I signed up for a half the day before the race.  I have learned the hard way that New England weather is not to be trusted and I am no good in single digit temps.

Ready, go.

kcam

Congratulations, that is a very speedy time!  80.7% AG!

kcam

1:07:48 with a 1st in 50-59, did some racing.  This was a very tough course to run, I'd guess 60-90 seconds slower than a flat course.  I'm very happy, ran well and it was absolutely gorgeous out there today.  55 and partly cloudy through green grass covered rural setting.  Can't ask for anything more!

Feeling the growl again

One of my 2016 goals was to break 90 minutes in the half.  And I did just that at the Winter Warlock Plymouth Half = 1:28:20.

Sorry I didn't post it ahead of time....I signed up for a half the day before the race.  I have learned the hard way that New England weather is not to be trusted and I am no good in single digit temps.

Wow, that's speedy!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Congratulations, that is a very speedy time!  80.7% AG!

Thanks guys.  I know it's not Speedy (with a capital S) - like you guys are Speedy.  But I was quite pleased with it.....

Ready, go.

kcam

Thanks guys.  I know it's not Speedy (with a capital S) - like you guys are Speedy.  But I was quite pleased with it.....

Uhhhm .... that's probably better than any of us on this forum are currently running.  Nice week!  Keep it rolling.