3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

February 2013 Racing Thread (Read 278 times)

Cheers Ken/Spaniel, it feels good to take that step up.  I still think I can make more ground as well.  This was a seriously competitive race, I was 9th Vet & 44th overall.  There were 13 under 1:10 and it was won in 1:05:53

J-L-C

Some blazing times and great results over the weekend. Well done all!

I look my best blurry!

Inspiring progress RR!!!  Woo hoo!

I'm running Gasparilla 2/24.  No plans to be impressive.  A fun training run for Boston with a cool medal, the beach, sun and beer to boot!

C-R

Cheers Ken/Spaniel, it feels good to take that step up.  I still think I can make more ground as well.  This was a seriously competitive race, I was 9th Vet & 44th overall.  There were 13 under 1:10 and it was won in 1:05:53

Damn Roth. That's a great race time and 3 minutes less than previous PR. Awesome.

And 9th Master. Holly crap what a field. What, were the Kenyan and Ethiopian Olympic teams in town to watch some football and need a workout? Damn.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Congrats on the PR and that's one helluva breakthrough race RR!  Can't wait to see what the rest of the year is going to bring if you're already rolling along in this good of shape.

1:15:22 for me, knee held up, felt pretty good.  Ran quite a lot of this in a pack of about 8 - it felt weird, the little surges and movement of the pack made it feel very fluid - out with the wind and back against (14mph).  It was raining throughout and about 40 degrees but to be honest the conditions were ok.

Wow.  And you're 40 years old?

Wow.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

Wow.  And you're 40 years old?

Wow.

....and running a crapload of miles, from the bunny chart...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

wow.. taking 3 min off.. thats just stoopid.

Previous PR was 1:18sumthing and you take close to 3 minutes off AT THAT LEVEL?!  

And we run because we like it
                  Through the broad bright land

....and running a crapload of miles, from the bunny chart...

You don't get anything for free - especially at 40!  Thanks for all the love people!

#artbydmcbride

And you look like a real weiner........Big grin

Runners run

kcam

You don't get anything for free - especially at 40!  Thanks for all the love people!

Boy Howdy.  Way to go get it.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

And you look like a real weiner........Big grin

Oh, I wish I were an Oscar Mayer Wiener,
                          That is what I'd truly like to be-ee-ee.
                          'Cause if I were an Oscar Mayer Wiener,
                          Everyone would be in love with me.

Nice running RR!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

This may not work, but ...

(And yeah, that's me in my "fat" days.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Call the whaambulance. I'm scratching my Feb. 16 10K.

#artbydmcbride

Runners run