3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Text exchange with the wife (Read 494 times)

Feeling the growl again

and this, if I recall correctly Umstead sold out in less than 10 minutes. Tough to plan for that.

I got some concern expressed over doing an ultra next fall with the young'un...spring is right out.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ostrich runner

There were a couple of central Indiana guys out at Leadville this year. I also know one of the guys who went to pace. There are plenty of nearby ultras to train on.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

I was in Valparaiso, IN last weekend for my sis-in-laws wedding. Indiana people are nice.

anyway, here was our text exchange:

Me: Hey, wanna run Leadville next year? Smile

Ben: That's funny. I was just going to text you the same thing.

Me: LOL

Ben: Of course I want to! You know how excited I get about 20 milers... running Leadville would have to be at least 5 TIMES more exciting!!!!

Me: I sense sarcasm.

Ben: Wink

In short....We're gonna leave the ultras up to you guys Wink

Ostrich runner

Indiana isn't exciting, but it isn't bad. I'm headed to Valpo tomorrow for the day. That's the demarcation line for the northern goober accent. Remember old Orville Reddenbacher commercials? 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

no? Is that the popcorn guy?

C-R

Winner winner chicken dinner. 

And yes Indiana people are nice. Well except for those that aren't.

I like Valpo. That's where I catch the train to Chicago. 

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I didn't know you guys all lived around there....I would have suggested a run. I ran on this creepy rails to trail all by myself  in the middle of a torrential downpour. Good times.

I figured I could outrun all of the creepy rapists but considered there might be some wild animals.

(Ben was there but he was at least 2 miles ahead of me after a few minutes....)  I found his shirt about 4 miles in and realized he may have been eaten.

C-R

I didn't know you guys all lived around there....I would have suggested a run. I ran on this creepy rails to trail all by myself  in the middle of a torrential downpour. Good times.

I figured I could outrun all of the creepy rapists but considered there might be some wild animals.

(Ben was there but he was at least 2 miles ahead of me after a few minutes....)  I found his shirt about 4 miles in and realized he may have been eaten.

Snort

Only if you're running close to Gary (or the South Monon trail in Indy) would this be an issue. Concealed carry laws are a wonderful thing for certain locations.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Well, we're all a good 2 hours from there....

Yes, given recent attacks on the Monon I may have to wait until it's cold to go running there, so I'm wearing enough clothing to cover a sidearm...

Really, it's just not worth it to run there when that is a legitimate concern.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills