3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

how to run this (Read 368 times)

half marathon elevation pic

Such a shame it's not reversed. Anyway I'm running a HM this Saturday. Plan has 90 minute run at 8:23 pace or I could substitute a long race. Well I chose to do a HM though I'm not so sure how to run it. I had planned on running 90 minutes at suggested pace then turning the gas on for the last few miles. Anyway just curious as to how others would approach this race. My goal race isn't until October 23rd. Should I just go out and race it seeing what I can do? Run it @ marathon pace. Am I actually  tweaking for a HM that I wasn't even planning on racing?ughhhhh

MTA: Tweakfest is over. I will be running it at marathon effort (whatever pace that is)

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Just a dude.

Hmmm... comparing this to some of the runs I do around here...

My only real advice is don't go overly crazy on the first 3 downhill miles.  After you hit the flat, then let effort be your guide...

/shrug

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

MTA: Tweakfest is over. I will be running it at marathon effort (whatever pace that is)

Wink

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Hawt and sexy

Run it like goblue runs scout's mom.

I'm touching your pants.

I'm sure you know this, but after those first 3 miles the flats are going to feel like uphill.

Well with the humidity projected to be 100% during the entire time I will be running looks like I won't be racing it all out. This is going to be "beautiful"

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Just a dude.

Well with the humidity projected to be 100% during the entire time I will be running looks like I won't be racing it all out. This is going to be "beautiful"

So, forgive me, cuz I am a desert dweller, but how is 100% humidity not just rain?  In fact, we've had rain here and it was only like 80% humidity (which also doesn't make sense to me.)

Maybe I should just google humidity... /shrug...

(BTW, my forecast for today is high of 91 and 20% humidity... )

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

And how did this go????  Understand it was humid and "beautiful."