3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

November Racing Thread (Read 716 times)

Feeling the growl again

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Run Santa Run 5k

New Milford, CT

11/24

17:30

I thought I was done racing this year too, but I put 17:30 as a goal back in January, and by Fuck that IS going down this year. (plus my kid's cub scout den is manning the water station, so I'm driving there anyway).

I've run 17:46, 17:42, 18:21 (blech), and 17:42 this year. Time to blow it out and put it to bed.

Nice.

I haven't hit any of my 2012 goals. I may have to see if I can't knock out 1 or 2 of them December. I think my 5K goal is easily doable. The 10K and HM goals may be a stretch.

Is anyone doing the December Racing Thread. I can do it if no one else wants to.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Good luck to all you idiots running the Monkey. You're going to die. But good luck to you anyway ;-)

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

4:14:10 garmin time.  Felt better than I thought I would till the last mile and a half or so then not so much.  

Want to try again next yearSmile  Great fun meeting RA people!

steph  

NameDateDistanceRaceLocationGoalResult
               CliveF  11/18   na  HHFMM  Nashville, TN VOLUNTEER, meet RA'ers, drink beer  

Result = DNV (Did Not Volunteer).  I couldn't justify the LONG weekend of travel and expense to not even run the race.  Oh well.

Disapprove

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Slo

HHFMM

Goal...3:45ish

Actual...3:48:36

I figured I was in about a 3:35 fitness level and added 10 minutes for the hills. I fought a side stitch from mile 6 on.

3:45 was in the cards but I caved to the mental battle and convinced myself I was there "just for the fun."

Seanv2

Name

Seanv2

Date

11/22

Distance

Race

Manchester Road Race

Manchester, CT

Goal

48:00?

Result

This race is super crowded and I'm just getting back to running after an injury filled year. It'll be fun, but it won't be fast.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Name

Seanv2

Date

11/22

Distance

Race

Manchester Road Race

Manchester, CT

Goal

48:00?

Result

This race is super crowded and I'm just getting back to running after an injury filled year. It'll be fun, but it won't be fast.

4.78 miles? Is there some significance to the distance?

Good luck! 

4.78 miles? Is there some significance to the distance?

Good luck! 

Amby Burfoot: On the offbeat race course distance of 4.748 miles:  "Historically, somebody made a loop around town. It started and finished on Main Street. What it was is what it was. Back then, nobody bothered to measure things. We just called it the Manchester 5-Miler. Many years later when certification became important, they got somebody to certify it. That immediately raised the question, 'Should we extend this and make it an official course of 8K or 5 miles?'  I was not on the inner circle of that decision, but being an old-time tradition-bound New Englander myself, I think it was a great decision to start and finish at the same point and whatever the damn distance was, we would run our guts out covering that loop around town."

Good luck. That's definitely a bucket list race for me, but it being on Tgiving day makes it kind of tough.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                      Seanv2

Amby Burfoot: On the offbeat race course distance of 4.748 miles:  "Historically, somebody made a loop around town. It started and finished on Main Street. What it was is what it was. Back then, nobody bothered to measure things. We just called it the Manchester 5-Miler. Many years later when certification became important, they got somebody to certify it. That immediately raised the question, 'Should we extend this and make it an official course of 8K or 5 miles?'  I was not on the inner circle of that decision, but being an old-time tradition-bound New Englander myself, I think it was a great decision to start and finish at the same point and whatever the damn distance was, we would run our guts out covering that loop around town."

Good luck. That's definitely a bucket list race for me, but it being on Tgiving day makes it kind of tough.

I love this race. I haven't run it as often as Burfoot (who's run it every year for like fifty years), but I have run it every year since 2006.  It's a classic, you should come up for it sometime Kevin.  My family will make you a bloody mary after or give you a shot of Jameson before if its cold!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

My family will make you a bloody mary after or give you a shot of Jameson before if its cold!

Sounds like my kinda family. Nice.  

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                          Seanv2

Sounds like my kinda family. Nice.  

Its that kind of race.

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

C-R

11/22  Bolt for the Heart   3.3 miles Carmel IN  <=21:00

This is no way makes up for missing Monkey. Damn it.

MTA: Umm yeah. Forgot about the extra .2 - 22:48  and as my kids say FAIL

Good luck with those shark Clive.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Last-minute, but ...

CliveF -- 22NOV2012 -- Strong, Focused & Soon To Be Stuffed 5k (Huntersville NC) -- goal = top 5OA

Hoping no sharks show up.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau