3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December 2014 Racing Thread (Read 18 times)

I'm not racing in December, and I need to pick up a thread, so post 'em if you got 'em...

NameDateDistanceRaceLocationGoalResult
     kencamet 12/7 26.2 Cal International Marathon Sacramento, CA 2:59:59  3:00:11
    Roth Runner 12/6 5K Dulwich Park Run London, UK <17  16:55
    Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
    kcam

kencamet   12/7   26.2   Cal International Marathon   Sacramento   2:59:59

Good luck this weekend.

Yup, good luck Ken, can't let the Cal Marathon sub 3 sequence slip!

Let's see if I can get out of bed this week:

Roth Runner 12/6 5k Dulwich Parkrun London, UK <17:00

Put a marker down

Weather might be perfect!

And we run because we like it
              Through the broad bright land

16:55 so ok.  Tired from a big week.  Finished off with a 16 miler today to take it over the 100 for the week.

Let's see if I can get out of bed this week:

Roth Runner 12/6 5k Dulwich Parkrun London, UK <17:00

Put a marker down

kcam

Robin - nice 'OK' run!

Yes, weather was probably as good as it can ever get (at least for my tastes).  High 40's / low 50's throughout, little to no wind, sun was hidden behind a thin layer of fog/clouds the whole time, no rain.  Still couldn't get it done.  I tried my best to 'accept the pain' but by mile 23 my quads and calves felt like they were made of rock.  Just couldn't hold it.  You know that 'shaky' feeling you get around mile 18 or 19 when the pace starts really taking it's toll?  I felt that this morning at about 14 .... not good.  But I gave it the ole college try even though I wanted to drop out so bad.  3:00:11.  Fudge.

I went for one of the free massages after the race since there was only a very small line.  Holy crap she did a number on me.  I could hardly keep from yelling out but she insisted it will help me recover better.  I dunno cuz my legs are completely trashed right now, way more than usual.

Great effort Ken!  Feeling crappy at 14 and still holding steady for the last 12 is pretty impressive!!  Looking at your splits you never lost concentration.

RR - 1655.. vs. 100 miles.. Im not sure which is more impressive. Its always satisfying to hit a goal.

Ken - Soo close! You ran pretty even. Your "fade" was pretty subtle.

And we run because we like it
                      Through the broad bright land

So...is that it? Just those two (very impressive) races?

So...is that it? Just those two (very impressive) races?

No racing for me this month.  Actually, there is nothing on the calendar until next June.  May do a marathon relay with the family in January but we'll see.

Okay...gotta give the December beer to Roth, just for beating his goal (though great run by Ken).

Here's to a great 2015 racing season, all...