3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Sucker Punches (Read 1095 times)

I am home from hip surgery.  Everything went as planned.  Labrum was torn from 12 o'clock to 2:30.  The surgeon repaired that and shaved down my femur.  He found a little arthritis but nothing serious.  Really not much else to share other than the surgeon feels as though I should be able to get back close to "normal".  It will just take some time.

Really good news, sounds really positive, and best of luck with the recovery.  How are you getting on at the moment in terms of the immediate post-surgery pain and management?

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Prince of Fatness

Really good news, sounds really positive, and best of luck with the recovery.  How are you getting on at the moment in terms of the immediate post-surgery pain and management?

Thanks.  As far as pain goes it really is not that much worse than before surgery.  Not being able to do much is worse than any pain.  I have to keep weight off of my bad leg so just even moving around the house I am on crutches.  Cannot carry much of anything around.  Difficult to even fetch myself a beer.  I am waited on more than I would like (You would think that would be good.  It is not good when the reason for getting waited on is because you cannot do for it yourself).

I knew that the first 3 - 4 weeks would be difficult.  Once I can at least walk around without crutches it will be better.  I just need to be patient.

I have a new found appreciation for what people who are permanently disabled put up with, that's for sure.

Not at it at all. 

kcam

Thanks.  As far as pain goes it really is not that much worse than before surgery.  Not being able to do much is worse than any pain.  I have to keep weight off of my bad leg so just even moving around the house I am on crutches.  Cannot carry much of anything around.  Difficult to even fetch myself a beer.  I am waited on more than I would like (You would think that would be good.  It is not good when the reason for getting waited on is because you cannot do for it yourself).

I knew that the first 3 - 4 weeks would be difficult.  Once I can at least walk around without crutches it will be better.  I just need to be patient.

I have a new found appreciation for what people who are permanently disabled put up with, that's for sure.

That.  Your youth and beauty will overcome all!  You should stock up on some good books and catch up on some reading.  I just read Unbroken (on spaniel's recomendation over in the general forum) .... excellent.

Prince of Fatness

I never was a book guy.  I am more in to puzzles.  Crosswords, sudokus, stuff like that.  I've been doing a lot of those.  Surprisingly the TV has not been on all that much.  Much better doing a puzzle in a quiet house.

Not at it at all. 

WTF?  20 min on an easy run this morning and my whole middle back locks up. Can't stand up straight or take deep breaths. Came out of no where, mid-stride. Not good and is freaking me out for Monday.

WTF?  20 min on an easy run this morning and my whole middle back locks up. Can't stand up straight or take deep breaths. Came out of no where, mid-stride. Not good and is freaking me out for Monday.

Dude - I hope it resolves quick. That is terrible. I'm having a mini-freak out with my foot (arch is randomly seizing up for last 24 hours) - but back is a different story. Good luck, heal quickly.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
              We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
              C-R

Yikes. I had spasms just prior to my race Sat. Never had that before and it was in the start corral. It resolved pretty quickly but I get the angst. Hope it clears up and quick for you.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Thanks Pam.  How are you doing?  Have not heard from you in a while.

Meh, been better been worse. Got my Cpap machine last Monday and so far not feeling any different. I suppose it's going to take some time. I've been keeping active so there's that. Thanks for asking Tim!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AMEN to this!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

ughhhhhhhh! Hope it resolves ASAP and your good to go for Monday!

Gave it a go this morning and although the middle back is still a little tight. Everything else felt great. Maybe my body was telling me to taper.

Feeling the growl again

Gave it a go this morning and although the middle back is still a little tight. Everything else felt great. Maybe my body was telling me to taper.

Glad to hear it's coming together!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Good. Hopefully one more day of low impact helps get you ready for Monday

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Good. Hopefully one more day of low impact helps get you ready for Monday

I hear beer is low impact, and a muscle relaxant to boot....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Got 3 diagnosis from the Neurologist that specializes in sleep/movement disorders. Apparently I have restless leg syndrome (my legs moved over 400 times rhythmically through out the night making it an average of 69.5 each hour where normal is 10 or under. It also woke me up more than 100 times that night (maybe not completely awake each time ). SLeep apnea which is mild during normal sleep but during REM it's  moderate. And lastly Central Nervous system Hyposomnia. He's not sure if that is all that's going on only time will tell. He's hoping the Cpap will help all 3 issue's. If not there are medications for the other 2.  Anyway at least I have a plan  of attack to help get back to "normal"

Oh and did I mention that I signed up for a marathon???? shhhhhhhh