3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Kalsarikännit

Crap!  I was just trying to ask if it was normal for a person to log a beer that they just had a taste of vs a full beer.  You guys are just jealous because I'm in Asheville drinking good beer. Wink

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Prince of Fatness

You guys are just jealous because I'm in Asheville drinking good beer. Wink

Wrong!  I have enough good beer on hand and that ensures that I am never jealous.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Example.  I am drinking this now.  Fantastic.

Not at it at all. 

Kalsarikännit

Wrong!  I have enough good beer on hand and that ensures that I am never jealous.

Good.  So I'll see you at the NJUF at the end of March? I'd like to try some beer from Potato Head Brewery.

Kalsarikännit

Spud, I admit that when I look at your beer list I am VERY envious.

Prince of Fatness

Good.  So I'll see you at the NJUF at the end of March? I'd like to try some beer from Potato Head Brewery.

Meh.  Depends on the day.  Family stuff going on late in March.  I will try to get up there, and if so, I will bring you some home brews.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Just enjoyed a Monkey Mud Stout.  He done good, for sure.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I get by with a little help from my friends.

And Skootr.

I remember Skootr.

Prince of Fatness

Hey if you Indy peeps haven't got tired of finding me beer....

http://beerpulse.com/2013/02/stone-enjoy-by-04-01-13-heading-to-17-markets/

I'll make it worth your while.  Think Victory White Monkey.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Hey if you Indy peeps haven't got tired of finding me beer....

http://beerpulse.com/2013/02/stone-enjoy-by-04-01-13-heading-to-17-markets/

I'll make it worth your while.  Think Victory White Monkey.

I will look.  Based on the rare Stone stuff our store got in recently (lots of old Vertical Epic) I am cautiously optimistic for you.

The whole short shelf life IPA thing surprises me.  Granted I am not an all-knowing beer guru but I thought the whole origin of the IPA was the stuff lasted and could be shipped halfway around the world by tall ship.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

I will look.  Based on the rare Stone stuff our store got in recently (lots of old Vertical Epic) I am cautiously optimistic for you.

The whole short shelf life IPA thing surprises me.  Granted I am not an all-knowing beer guru but I thought the whole origin of the IPA was the stuff lasted and could be shipped halfway around the world by tall ship.

They are better fresh, but still pretty good after time.  They just lose the hoppiness over time.

My experience with the Enjoy By series in NJ is that you want to inquire in a couple of stores.  Mine put me on a list and called me when it came in.  There was also a bottle limit as quantities are limited.  Chances are that it will never hit the shelves.  You have to ask for it.  At least that has been my experience.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

They are better fresh, but still pretty good after time.  They just lose the hoppiness over time.

My experience with the Enjoy By series in NJ is that you want to inquire in a couple of stores.  Mine put me on a list and called me when it came in.  There was also a bottle limit as quantities are limited.  Chances are that it will never hit the shelves.  You have to ask for it.  At least that has been my experience.

OK, thanks.   I will try that then.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

OK, thanks.   I will try that then.

And of course this is just a nice to have.  Only try to get it if you have the time.  Please do not go out of your way.

Off today so I brewed an oatmeal stout.  This one will be aged until the holiday season.  Go up early, ran, did some core work, then brewed.  Yeast has been pitched so now I am in cleanup mode.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

And of course this is just a nice to have.  Only try to get it if you have the time.  Please do not go out of your way.

Off today so I brewed an oatmeal stout.  This one will be aged until the holiday season.  Go up early, ran, did some core work, then brewed.  Yeast has been pitched so now I am in cleanup mode.

You drove 10 hours with a sore ass to bring me beer.  I think I can swing by the beer store on the way home.  Wink

C-R

I swore off all wine as well as sodas and one meal per day during Lent. However, I am allowing myself one beer an evening. Last night it was Yazoo 68.5. Trent warned me it was hoppy. I was not disappointed or left wanting. Drink it if ya got it.

Tonight may be 70.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/