3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I'm going to hurt myself (Read 3386 times)

Feeling the growl again

Well.  Incredible job suckiness for the past year.  20lbs up and no tractability in getting the running back going.  Remodel for last 3 months has not helped.

I formally declare rock bottom.  Managed 4 6:58 miles on the treadmill today, it was hard.  I can't continue like this.  A change in priorities is in order.

I'm off to Germany on Sunday.  Nice river paths where I am going.  Bring it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I formally declare rock bottom.  

Then there's only one direction to go then.  Better get some miles in before the heat and humidity take hold.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

lagwagon

Well.  Incredible job suckiness for the past year.  20lbs up and no tractability in getting the running back going.  Remodel for last 3 months has not helped.

I formally declare rock bottom.  Managed 4 6:58 miles on the treadmill today, it was hard.  I can't continue like this.  A change in priorities is in order.

been there with the work/weight gain, its called life.  went up +30 lbs after the first kid and international job, before i bottomed out.  you'll get back, just aim low and slow.  sounds trite but a series of modest goals did help me.

i've had some great runs on those rivers.  used to live on the rhine (basel) and clocked many miles on those limestone paths.  back off the pace and take in the scenery...enjoy

Feeling the growl again

just aim low and slow.  sounds trite but a series of modest goals did help me.

This advice is difficult but very, very wise.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Good luck with all of that wonderful food and beer over there 

steph  

Prince of Fatness

This advice is difficult but very, very wise.

Very difficult indeed, especially when there is a prior, higher standard involved. I need to take heed of that advice. Thinking that maybe I need to sign up for a race and set a modest goal.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Good luck with all of that wonderful food and beer over there 

Yup, I was just there (Frankfurt) in March.  Tough on the diet, but a wonderful running path on the river.  No excuses.

So today I forced my sorry butt out the door early.  I ran my watch but didn't look at it until the end.  7:52 pace.  Just…wow, but it was a wonderful run which I enjoyed.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'd feel the same way if I just went out for a run and discovered I was running a 7:52 pace

Feeling the growl again

I'd feel the same way if I just went out for a run and discovered I was running a 7:52 pace

Heh.  Reference frame is real.

MTA:  I planned to mail your barrel out today and it didn't happen.  Apologies.  If C-R doesn't get it next weekend I'll mail it.  With the hours/travel lately I'm lucky I got the wine out of it before it tasted like a splinter.

Prince of Fatness

Thinking that maybe I need to sign up for a race and set a modest goal.

I just signed up for a half.  This could go one of many different ways.  I can say that if on race day I am as fat as I am now it won't go well.

Not at it at all. 

I just signed up for a half.  This could go one of many different ways.  I can say that if on race day I am as fat as I am now it won't go well.

Congrats...on signing up for the race, not the fatness.

Feeling the growl again

Awesomeness.

So I ran 12 miles Sunday.  Ran out of time Monday, but did 6 today.  I'm such a pansy my legs were beat from the 12 so 6 was enough.

Perhaps I will beat them again tomorrow so they start realizing what real exercise means.

I'm to the point I look in the mirror and don't recognize my physique anymore.  This crap HAS to stop.

Finally.. somebody doing something.

That and Ryan Hall is going to run 7 marathons on 7 Continents in yes.. you guessed it.. 7 days.

And we run because we like it
                            Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

Finally.. somebody doing something.

That and Ryan Hall is going to run 7 marathons on 7 Continents in yes.. you guessed it.. 7 days.

The one man to over-train himself more than I in my prime.

So, I'm drinking a lot of beer.  It's vacation.  Perhaps with actually running some again I will almost break even.  But I will say some of the running mojo is coming back, enough that the mojo is getting pissed at the slo-mo and telling me to get my ass in shape.  Vacation calories are almost over, hopefully I can keep the recent consistency.